Thread: LS3 PUmp + Meth AFR numbers

Tuner in Training

LS3 PUmp + Meth AFR numbers

I have a 2015 1LE cammed sbe LSA conversion unported Blower running around 12 psi ID1050 injectors at 65psi fuel pressure with aem single nozzle 1000cc 100% Meth My question and I?ve been doing a lot of research is but the info is all over the place as far as numbers is What should I be targeting AFR wise or Lambda I?ve had the car anywhere from 11.5- 10.2 Ive been dialing in the VE and maf tables with the stft?s on the scanner the car has been running amazing I did a wide open throttle pull yesterday and it felt really strong I get home to chk the logs and to my disappointment found the afr to be 10.4 avg I?m unsure where to go from here. Why does the car feel better so rich ?

Some engine just like being rich more than others. If you had a dyno you could see the power difference if there was one. Some will like 11.5 AFR and make great power while other will pick up more power at 10.8 or something.

If it's safe and making good power around 10.5-11.0 you may as well just leave it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Some engine just like being rich more than others. If you had a dyno you could see the power difference if there was one. Some will like 11.5 AFR and make great power while other will pick up more power at 10.8 or something.

If it's safe and making good power around 10.5-11.0 you may as well just leave it.
    I agree with you just hard to get my head around it being so rich The car has been on 2 different dynos with Different tuners long story ... now I?m trying to dial it in myself I?ll be hitting the track soon to test my theory about the car liking it richer at least the butt dyno thinks so lol here?s a screenshot of that pull 3rd gear pull iats were like 113* it was warm out
    Attached Images Attached Images