Thread: Scanner Freezing

Scanner Freezing

I have had this issue where the scanner will freeze for a while. Some parameters work fine the whole way through. The MAF functions seem to freeze. The LTFT, STFT and maf charts freeze up. It has done this on several of the vehicles I have tried to scan. My 04 Grand prix, a friends 04 grand prix and my 07 Grand Prix. I was sent a prototype version to install and it did not help anything.

Does anyone have a suggestion what may be wrong here?? Is it a bad interface?

Attachment 804506-9-18 maf and trims freezing.hpl6-9-18 maf and trims freezing.hplmain layout (maf freezes).Layout.xml
    Last edited by Rickisrad; 06-10-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t

Try a different pc?

I did and the same issue.
    2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickisrad View Post
    I did and the same issue.
    Seems like quite a few people experiencing this. It's been driving me mental, as I JUST finished a new build and absolutely require some logging to figure out a few things, but no scanning .
    I tried reverting to 3.x and while it didn't freeze up as quickly, it still died. Plus, all my bins for this build are in v4 and cannot be used with v3 so I'm sorta screwed until HPT comes up with a solution.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blistovmhz View Post
    Seems like quite a few people experiencing this. It's been driving me mental, as I JUST finished a new build and absolutely require some logging to figure out a few things, but no scanning .
    I tried reverting to 3.x and while it didn't freeze up as quickly, it still died. Plus, all my bins for this build are in v4 and cannot be used with v3 so I'm sorta screwed until HPT comes up with a solution.
    What do you mean by bins? The actual .hpt tune files?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    What do you mean by bins? The actual .hpt tune files?
    Yea. Well anyhow, uninstalled 4.x stable again, but this time installed 4.x beta, and it seems to be working now. Havne't had a chance to test long term, but isn't freezing near instantly anymore.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blistovmhz View Post
    Yea. Well anyhow, uninstalled 4.x stable again, but this time installed 4.x beta, and it seems to be working now. Havne't had a chance to test long term, but isn't freezing near instantly anymore.
    Im having the same issue with my scanner, keeps freezing up. Its been like this for about a month and its driving me crazy. I already tried beta and it didn't work. Not sure what to do!

Tuner
    This issue has been very common with the new 4.0
    It happened to me. I went back to 3.6 and fixed it. Yall need to send in help tickets via support. It's gonna take more than one person doing it to get this resolved.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info ABADZL1
    Do you know how I can download 3.6? Or how I can revert back to it?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    This issue has been very common with the new 4.0
    It happened to me. I went back to 3.6 and fixed it. Yall need to send in help tickets via support. It's gonna take more than one person doing it to get this resolved.
    Thanks for the info ABADZL1
    Do you know how I can download 3.6? Or how I can revert back to it?

Tuner
    You can probably find it in your download folder

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper