Thread: VZ LS2 E40 - ecu hi speed fan output

Tuner in Training

VZ LS2 E40 - ecu hi speed fan output

hi,
    has anyone played around with fan outputs on VZ ls2 E40 ecus, im not able to activate fan2 output on the ecu, and not sure if its setup for recirc or fan as HPT doesnt show the setting like it does on the some of the US tunes,
    this is the blue/white output on pin 56 of the blue connector.
    i'll post up the tune file shortly

Advanced Tuner
    I’m pretty sure they’re a PWM system.

Both fans works all the time and the PWM signal commanded vs ECT determines the speed of the fans.

Fan type should be PWM electric and number of fans 1.

I don’t know what pin would is correct or if the OS would support a traditional 2 fan on off set up.

I usually set 35% DC In the first ECT axis and 99% from 98deg c up. And interpolate the gap

Tuner in Training
    std tune is attached
    it is set for 2 discrete fans std, but i can only activate low speed output from the scanner (fan1) and cant get the hi speed output to come on at all.
    i know some of the usa e40 ecus have the option for recirc/fan#2 but it doesnt appear in this tune, so just wondering if anyone had both outputs working on these
    Attached Files Attached Files

I compared your tune to a stock gto tune...the fan settings are the same. I can get both fans to come on..on low or high, by using the scanner special functions...
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks, yeah i can get low speed to come on but no signal change from pin 56 for high speed when i test in the scanner