Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi/VW support

Don't wast your money on a HP tuner. im running apr ecu tune and a ie dsg tune. i wanted so bad to make my own tune for the car but with out being able to log the PID's to make a base map that red lines at 7350 its pointless. wast of money! no support!

unfortunately i already have eurodyne and its absolute trash, was hoping for a better alternative

Seems that the PID's that are missing like the boost control from the logger don't evan work in the tuner. Stuck at stock boost and no help from HP tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Is there any way to reactivate amax mode after it is lost? I reset counter to 999 but still not working. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Horning View Post
    Is there any way to reactivate amax mode after it is lost? I reset counter to 999 but still not working. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Have you logged your counter?
    There is a "Launch Counter" available in the scanner software.

If your counter is less than your count, try logging the "Launch Mode" and see if you're actually activating AMAX with your launch routine. Its possible you're not meeting entry conditions.

As well I recommend setting it to the value we show as the maximum if you truly want to disable the counter. The maximum value is considered infinite by the controller.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Potential Tuner
    I got launch mode to work now. Not sure what I was doing wrong before.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Most Audi ZF8HPs should be supported. Just send us a read and we can get it added for you if not already supported.
    No need to send in the TCM for unlock.

Our Audi engineer confirmed that the AMAX is adjustable.
    About how long does it take to add a new Audi ZF8HP if it's currently not supported? I opened support ticket with Info and copy of TCM per error message of unsupported file.

Thanks
    Tom

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoe View Post
    About how long does it take to add a new Audi ZF8HP if it's currently not supported? I opened support ticket with Info and copy of TCM per error message of unsupported file.

Thanks
    Tom
    If you supply me with the ticket number I'll be happy to check the progress of the ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you supply me with the ticket number I'll be happy to check the progress of the ticket.
    Many thanks for the reply the ticket is 157376, Corey already sent a reply that he'll be updating in the next software release. I understand the Audi/ZF market is pretty small compared to the rest of your market. I've been waiting to update my 8hp for a long time until I found out about HP Tuners so waiting a little more is not a problem.

Happy Holidays
    Tom

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoe View Post
    Many thanks for the reply the ticket is 157376, Corey already sent a reply that he'll be updating in the next software release. I understand the Audi/ZF market is pretty small compared to the rest of your market. I've been waiting to update my 8hp for a long time until I found out about HP Tuners so waiting a little more is not a problem.

Happy Holidays
    Tom
    I would expect it to be done by the end of next week.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Great, I'll be waiting. Any suggestions on ZF 8HP info and logs/tunes?

Tuner in Training
    Great service! they updated today, I can open my TCM file now and start to make some changes. Need to take it a little slow at the start.

Happy Holidays!!