Thread: Can I download software? forgot a lot. Haven't been here in a decade....

Can I download software? forgot a lot. Haven't been here in a decade....

need to use my Hp tuners and haven't touched it in years. Honestly kinda clueless right now.

I sold my mustang and the LS1 just sits in the corner of the garage for now.

But I have a tahoe I just deleted the AFM and will start a new thread on that but here is my problem.

I dug my HP tuners hardware out of mothballs and I know I need to order two credits to unlock my 07 tahoe but I can't find the CD that it came with years ago and that laptop is long gone. also I was running XP back them and now windows ten I think.

Is the software able to be downloaded? Do I need to order a new CD (really hoping to have my truck driveable over the weekend).

Is my tuner out of date? I mean is it too old to be supported?

It says MPVI on it. I don't know if that refers to a specific Gen?

Thanks for any help. Now I need to go start that other thread.
    if you cant read my avatar, it says "he's a ricer so i popped his bitch ass"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes, by clicking the download link on our home page www.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    yes, by clicking the download link on our home page www.hptuners.com
    Okk so I installed the VCM suite. and dowloaded the drivers as well. For reason I can't figure out how to install the drivers.

The device is plugged in and the light is green but my laptop is not seeing it. It makes thes ound when you plug it in and unplug it though

Figured it out. No help from HP tuners.....

Help is at your finger tips as well.....at the bottom of the home page is a bunch of links that can answer many of your questions. The Knowledgebase is a great place to go for help before asking for a ticket to be opened...which is the formal way to get a question answered. Posting threads is the slowest....here is the answer to how to load drivers....

https://support.hptuners.com/index.p...s-installation

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Help is at your finger tips as well.....at the bottom of the home page is a bunch of links that can answer many of your questions. The Knowledgebase is a great place to go for help before asking for a ticket to be opened...which is the formal way to get a question answered. Posting threads is the slowest....here is the answer to how to load drivers....

https://support.hptuners.com/index.p...s-installation

Ed M
    No I had read all that. I am computer un-literate. So none of that made any sense or was really the info I needed.

I opened a ticket Sat night and just think it's funny, probably 90% of us need to work on things on weekends or at night when our kids are sleeping and that is when this comp DOESN'T have any customer service......

Took me the better part of four hours to understand the drivers were actually already there and I just wasn't looking in the right place. when I clicked on the part of the computer thingy that shows the drives I didn't see anything showing up when I plugged the doohickey in. So I gave up trying to figure it out and went and plugged it into the truck and it read it. The whole time I thought the unit had died sitting in my toolbox for years.

So I plugged it in and it read the ECM. If I hadn't have just given up and tried it, I wouldn't know it would work. Also I never actually installed the drivers. I just downloaded them......and poof....they were apparently installed. That is what I man about lack of support. I thought I had to install the drivers I downloaded.....Just would be nice if companies today gave you some clear step by step instructions instead of just expecting people to know how it works.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonpiper69 View Post
    No I had read all that. I am computer un-literate. So none of that made any sense or was really the info I needed.

I opened a ticket Sat night and just think it's funny, probably 90% of us need to work on things on weekends or at night when our kids are sleeping and that is when this comp DOESN'T have any customer service......

Took me the better part of four hours to understand the drivers were actually already there and I just wasn't looking in the right place. when I clicked on the part of the computer thingy that shows the drives I didn't see anything showing up when I plugged the doohickey in. So I gave up trying to figure it out and went and plugged it into the truck and it read it. The whole time I thought the unit had died sitting in my toolbox for years.

So I plugged it in and it read the ECM. If I hadn't have just given up and tried it, I wouldn't know it would work. Also I never actually installed the drivers. I just downloaded them......and poof....they were apparently installed. That is what I man about lack of support. I thought I had to install the drivers I downloaded.....Just would be nice if companies today gave you some clear step by step instructions instead of just expecting people to know how it works.
    Glad to hear the drivers installed automatically as they are supposed to.

Downloading them doesn't do anything.

In any event please reply to your ticket letting us know it was resolved, thanks.

In any event please reply to your ticket letting us know it was resolved, thanks.
    Yeah.... I will get right on that and reply three days from now like you did

Loving the contradiction here as well...."downloading them doesn't do anything"......."they install automatically"........classic. So yes downloading them does in fact do something.....it installs them rolling my eyes smiley face that I don't know how to do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonpiper69 View Post
    Loving the contradiction here as well...."downloading them doesn't do anything"......."they install automatically"........classic. So yes downloading them does in fact do something.....it installs them rolling my eyes smiley face that I don't know how to do.
    No it doesn't.

Downloading something doesn't do anything, period. When you download our software does it install for you automatically? No. It doesn't. You download it typically to your desktop or downloads folder then you double click to run it(unless you selected run at the time of download). Same with drivers, when you download drivers thats all you are doing, downloading them. They are in a zipped(compressed file folder) you first need to unzip them and follow the instructions Ed posted.

However our drivers are in the microsoft database so 99% of our customers will never need to download the drivers from our website as they are automatically included in windows and most of the time install in the background when you first connect your interface.

No contradiction, its just how pc's are and how they work.

Like I said your pc likely already installed the drivers for you in the background as it is supposed to to make everyones life easier.