Thread: A question & a couple of suggestions

Potential Tuner

A question & a couple of suggestions

Question: When creating a video, there seems to be a huge difference in the size of the output file between using a frame rate of 29.97 and 30. In the example I tried, the file size for 29.97 FPS was 448,079,127 and the size for 30 FPS was 1,353,365,026. Why such a huge difference?

Suggestion 1: When saving the project, it would be a real help to save off the video creation settings also. The settings of Output Type, Video Frame Rate, Video Encoder, Compression bit rates and especially Start & End Time Range. If there is a need to recreate the video for some reason, it's a pain to re-find the start and end times.

Suggestion 2: I add a timer display object, then select a font, font size, bold, underline or italic, color and outline color. If I then decide to change the timer Style, say from _Time - _Standard to _Timer - Hours, all of those selections get reset to the defaults. Why? They should be preserved as previously set.

Suggestion 3: When a number of objects are "grouped" together, it would he very helpful to be able to save off or export that group and be able to import it into other projects.

Although it seems high, I suspect that the difference in file size is due to the FPS. My guess is that your original video was shot at 29.97 and the whole thing had to be re-rendered using 30 FPS. Size is also subject to bitrate. Did you change the bitrate settings?

Suggestion 1: As for outlook settings what you are looking for is the ability to save your own set of parameters and give it a unique name. Good idea but I don't think the current version does it.

Suggestion 2: When I created my timers, I saved them as a data template so I only had to make these adjustments once rather than start from scratch every time.

Suggestion 3: As far as I know it can do that.

Banned
    Some great suggestions. I find the fact you can`t set a user template for type, frame rate, quality etc most frustrating. That`s a really good idea.