Thread: 2016 Colorado 2.8L Duramax Tuning

Tuner in Training

2016 Colorado 2.8L Duramax Tuning

Hello everyone,

Recent owner of a 2016 Colorado 2.8L Duramax and looking for some DIY tuning or remote tuning. The truck was used at my work for the last 6 years and I purchased it from them to build and have some fun.

The tune they had done before purchasing just seems okay but very unstable and not consistent. I am pretty sure no transmission tuning was done either.

I'd love to finally get a grasp on tuning but worse case would love for someone to remotely tune if possible. Plans for turbo upgrade and more.
    Last edited by DereckR; 09-23-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Sent me your tune file at [email protected] and i can get you something, or we can talk about it. I'm experienced with this platform and can do anything you need.

Tuner in Training
    Muscle Up do you have some references? Just wondering seems like a fairly new account and posts.

Unfortunately with the RTD I can't send you the tune or haven't figured out how to. I am planning to upgrade to a mpvi3 in a few days with credits for engine and transmission.

Senior Tuner
    FYI you don't need credits to read out your tune. Credits are for when it's time to write.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that. I was able to read both the engine and transmission tunes with the RTD. I think I'm just going to order and mpvi3 however.

Tuner in Training
    I am looking for someone still on retuning the truck if you have recommendations. It has been deleted and will be used for off-road use only.