Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tune Repository is back!

Tune Repository is back!

The tune repository can be accessed on our main website, via your My Account page.

Here are some of the known issues:
    - Drop down boxes cut off text
    - Models don't auto select when you change makes.
    - Downloading a file requires another click
    - Can't upload files yet

We just wanted to get you guys something up asap so you can download the stock files and segment swap files you need.

Please be patient with us as we improve this feature of the website over the next few weeks.

https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/tunerepository/
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-17-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Tested with Firefox Quantum v60.0.2 and all pull down menus show data and work. Search works. No issues found.
    Tested with Windows Explorer 11 and all pull down menus are blank until cells are highlighted by mouse. Search works.
    Both yield same results. Only issue seen is the blank pull down menus when using Explorer making it very awkward to find the correct options.
    Test conducted as a logged in user.

Many thanks to the HP-Tuners team for getting the repository back on line.

Awesome. Works good enough for now.
    Keep up the good work

files don't work/open with 3.6.26.. useless...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    files don't work/open with 3.6.26.. useless...
    not sure if you noticed we just released software version 4.0 for free to all customers https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Now-Available

The files should open fine with 4.0
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

yes, I did notice.. but I am not using 4.0xx.. neither are any of my current customers/users.... so it is useless/pointless... no need to update for GM 2000-2015 vehicles... nothing new in the software for them... so no need to update to newer software versions when the current version works just fine and no issues/problems with it, and we know it works... 3.6.26 works perfectly for all involved... and repository tune files should be able to be opened with 3.6.26 as well, since that is the current stable version.... 4.0xxx is still buggy...so all repository files should be compatible to open/view with 3.6.26 for us production-environment people...

tune files should be compatible through any version of the software... so we can open any tune files, to read/view, or make adjustments, and then when we save them, they would be saved in the new version format of whatever version we're currently using on our PC...

and even then, if i saved a tune file using my 3.6.26 version of the software, someone else using 4.0xxx, or older 3.2.xxxx, should still be able to open/view the file...

So yes.. even when using latest/newest stable 3.6.26 version software.. we should be able to open/view any tune file that is in the repository, regardless of what version it was saved in.... that's just common sense...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-13-2018 at 01:12 AM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    yes, I did notice.. but I am not using 4.0xx.. neither are any of my current customers/users.... so it is useless/pointless... no need to update for GM 2000-2015 vehicles... nothing new in the software for them... so no need to update to newer software versions when the current version works just fine and no issues/problems with it, and we know it works... 3.6.26 works perfectly for all involved... and repository tune files should be able to be opened with 3.6.26 as well, since that is the current stable version.... 4.0xxx is still buggy...so all repository files should be compatible to open/view with 3.6.26 for us production-environment people...
    Exactly.
    If it isn't broken, lets fuck it up and force everyone to use buggy software and piss them all off at the same time.

Just because you released a new version, does not make it ok to force all of us into using it. I like 3.6.26. Why screw it up?

Tuner in Training
    The unfortunate bit is that 4.0 onward s doesn't work with windows XP the tuning pc i use has programs that are built for XP.
    can we have that back please XP

4.0 is the current stable version. 4.1 is the beta version.

Windows XP was end of support by Microsoft in 2014, it is almost 20 years old...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for at least giving us something.
    curious, what was the reasoning behind converting all the files to 4.0?

also a bit of honest feedback, the layout, format and color choices make it pretty hard to read.
    a very light grey like is used on for forum background would be a much better choice than the black.

I understand where the HPT folks are coming from with a newer format. And likely better compression and different encryption methods.

But it does create a logistics nightmare and really hurts the community support model. Folks post their tunes and logs here every day asking for help. It makes it hard to help people if we're not all on the same version.

Regarding XP, yes it's dead. But a lot of us that tune our junk here and there also use a lot of older tools that simply don't work in a newer operating system. If newer vehicle and new hardware support is the only change from 3.x to 4.x, then the operating system check was an arbitrary check put in place.

<end rant>

Quote Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
    And the best OS ever released!

Using your logic ... you are over twenty and your parents no longer support (financially) you, so you should be tossed into the waste bin!

My 70 Hemi Cuda is 48 years old ... Man am I glad I don't follow ignorant logic!

In the software world, newer software should be backwards compatible, the repository should NOT have been upgraded ...
    If one uses a newer version to open an old tune, it should open it, if changes are made, save it as the new version.

Any other technique is flawed!

-Enjoy
    gumpy
    The issue with that argument when it comes to software is that there are plenty of know security vulnerabilities present in Windows XP that will never get fixed. Also indefinitely maintaining backwards compatibility is a very resource intensive undertaking, its not as easy as just "not deleting support for operating system X", it means constantly adding code to deal with the deficiencies in those older operating systems. Those hacks can and do cause bugs that effect everyone.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Lol damn hptuners really forcing everyone to update to internet based hptuners that phones home lmao. Can't believe no one copied the tuner repository before it went down after being up all these years. We should set up our own and start from scratch. That way when someone needs help we can take a look instead of not being able to on incompatible versions.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
    Lol damn hptuners really forcing everyone to update to internet based hptuners that phones home lmao. Can't believe no one copied the tuner repository before it went down after being up all these years. We should set up our own and start from scratch. That way when someone needs help we can take a look instead of not being able to on incompatible versions.
    I got into the habit of saving a copy of each new VCM Suite installer version after the V2 vs V3 issues we all went through.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    The issue with that argument when it comes to software is that there are plenty of know security vulnerabilities present in Windows XP that will never get fixed. Also indefinitely maintaining backwards compatibility is a very resource intensive undertaking, its not as easy as just "not deleting support for operating system X", it means constantly adding code to deal with the deficiencies in those older operating systems. Those hacks can and do cause bugs that effect everyone.
    XP is not as vulnerable as it's made out to be ...

We obviously could go back and forth about this all day ... what would be the point!

-Enjoy
    Gumpy

I just don't understand why the need to force Owners to update. Also Don't understand the need to upgrade the repository to 4.0. Sucks your software got hacked. But you don't need to take it out on your customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    I got into the habit of saving a copy of each new VCM Suite installer version after the V2 vs V3 issues we all went through.
    My installer folder is humongous. LOL

This 4.0 reminds me sooo much of when they did the MASSIVE swap to 3.0 from 2.24 and EVERYONE threw a fit. If this is any indication of before, its get on board or else. I think I will probably buy the new unit and swap to 4.0 once they release a way I can connect my wideband, until then I will keep my cables thanks! As my old jobs motto was "Evolve or Die" My old job ended up on the latter.....

Potential Tuner
    where is it located ?
    cant seem to find it
    updated to 4.0 nothing !!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"