Thread: Help with mininum spark table

Tuner in Training

Help with mininum spark table

I AM TRYING TO ADJUST MININUM SPARK BUT I DON'T SEE SPARK RAMP OUT...ON MY FILE IT JUST HAS BASE,LONG TERM,REDUCED POWER AND DOUBLE PULSE UNDER MININUM SPARK TABLE.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH TABLE NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED TO KEEP MY TRUCK FROM GOING TO NEGATIVE TIMING WHILE IDLING?
    I HAVE A 2016 SILVERADO 5.3 W/ GPI STAGE 2 CAM..IT IS SHOWING NEGATIVE TIMING WHILE IDLING..
    Last edited by Lugnut88; 04-27-2023 at 06:46 AM.

Senior Tuner
    That's typically a issue with the VVE not being tune and the next step would be torque model. Changing the limiters to spark isn't really the way to go.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Well i am just going about this all wrong then..

Tuner in Training
    This may be helpful to you...Go to tuning101.com>play lists>genV and watch all his Gen V videos.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    That's typically a issue with the VVE not being tune and the next step would be torque model. Changing the limiters to spark isn't really the way to go.
    This....

Tune VVE, then "massage" your VTT. Idle timing will then magically come back.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A