Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tune Repository is back!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    should work fine.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I'm with ya on that!

I just bought the HPTuners setup to tune my two Audis, and there are absolutely NO Audi or VW files in the repository. You think they'd have extracted some OE tunes when they developed the software - at least they could put those up. That, or make it possible for people to upload files.

Tuner
    I'm with ya on that too!

There are absolutely NO Jaguar F-Type files in the repository. I agree, they had to extracted some OE tunes when they developed the software.

Why not put those up. Please do so.

Tuner in Training
    I'm unable to access the Tune Repository, yet used to be able to. HPT webpage can't find my MPVI 2 device to add it, and when I type in the interface #'s manually (as it sits on my desk and verification code retrieved from VCM Editor), it says it is registered by another user? VCM Editor can see and use the interface fine. Seems my existing username login does not work on the core HPT site, yet still works to login to this forum. Am I missing something? Ticket submitted (today), please and thanks. Hate to cry in front of everybody.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by OEMOBDII View Post
    I'm unable to access the Tune Repository, yet used to be able to. HPT webpage can't find my MPVI 2 device to add it, and when I type in the interface #'s manually (as it sits on my desk and verification code retrieved from VCM Editor), it says it is registered by another user? VCM Editor can see and use the interface fine. Seems my existing username login does not work on the core HPT site, yet still works to login to this forum. Am I missing something? Ticket submitted (today), please and thanks. Hate to cry in front of everybody.
    Seems your device is registered by another user. Please open a support ticket for further assistance.

Tuner in Training
    Ticket submitted. Thanks. Seems my original login was wiped out during the transition over to the 12 character password requirement on main HPT page, says user doesn?t exist, but it used to and the log in works for forum. My device is likely still registered to my original login name (OEMOBDII). I?ll await ticket resolution.

Thanks for a great site, tool, and info. Awesome to be able to do what we do with this.

Potential Tuner
    2 years later and we still cant upload a tune? or am i missing it?

Advanced Tuner
    No but you can post up a tune in a thread. I think someone started one and people were populating the thread with tunes.

If vehicle support went as fast as web development, we'd be lucky to have multiport injection by now.

A repository is not very useful if nothing can be deposited there. It's slim pickings for FWD Pentastar owners like me. A grand total of 1 match for my platform and 3 for the power/drivetrain... and they're all stock tunes. And there's not many RWD Pentastars either, maybe 10. Not much for a new tuner to inspect and learn from.

Tuner
    Web development can go quickly if you want it to... apparently it's just not a priority for HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The tune repository can be accessed on our main website, via your My Account page.

Here are some of the known issues:
    - Drop down boxes cut off text
    - Models don't auto select when you change makes.
    - Downloading a file requires another click
    - Can't upload files yet

We just wanted to get you guys something up asap so you can download the stock files and segment swap files you need.

Please be patient with us as we improve this feature of the website over the next few weeks.

https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/tunerepository/
    This was posted 2 years ago, and still waiting on the upload button. Will we be able to upload files to the repository soon??
    Im just looking for a update, and why this hasn't been added yet?

Thank you.

Tuner
    Heading to the Dodge dealer this morning to get a stock flash for a 2018 Charger. $150 plus my time. I posted on the bulletin board asking for one and didn't get one response. The vehicle has been tuned by someone else and who knows what they changed. I was looking into what it would take to upload the stock tune to the repository once I get it, and that led me to this thread. No wonder there isn't crap out there. Wow.

Tuner in Training
    Any plans to restore all the custom tunes back to the repo? Or hand them off to somebody else to privately host?

Quote Originally Posted by chaingun427 View Post
    Any plans to restore all the custom tunes back to the repo? Or hand them off to somebody else to privately host?
    Not going to happen. Big brother see's all, and knows all.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Not going to happen. Big brother see's all, and knows all.
    100% this ^^! Sucks but it?s where we are nowadays.

Has uploading tunes been made available yet?
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TunedByNishan View Post
    Has uploading tunes been made available yet?
    At this time we have no plans to add this feature.

Potential Tuner
    This bullshit should be made known to people before they shell out their money for already overpriced hardware/software/credits!! Very dissapointing!

Advanced Tuner
    I am a little disappointed as well BUT that might be overly harsh. For starters I don't think this was ever promised, no other tuning solution lets you swap tunes with others (at least for FCA vehicles)...let alone pull tunes from other vehicles and if you really need a tune most folks on the forum are willing share an example. BTW if you think you can just grab someone's tune and you are off the the races, that is hardly the case.

As for overpriced...do you think systems like diablo offers with very limited capabilities for the DIY'er is a cheaper and better alternative? I made the switch to HP (steep learning curve) and so glad I did...now I don't have to bother someone to make minor tweaks to my FCA vehicle's tune.

Sad this isn't a feature anymore. I used the tune repository a lot with my last vehicle (2015). It was nice to see what GM changed over the years.