Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: boosted g/sec timing table max out

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    the PE TPS is not actual TPS u may have it as a PID i think it was added or u may be able to request it, try around 8-12% in PE TPS and see how it goes should be around 30-40% actual TPS, try to lower it enough so its not in PE when cruising around and moderate throttle but it enters PE before u get close to boost or around 80 kpa so ur safe if u dont have the BE that is MAP enabled
    I also had to adjust my pe ramp in to 1.200 to help with a more quicker commanded pe mode. I am still playing around with the ramp in.
    2015 2ss 1LE Camaro with LSA conversion. stock pulleys 6lbs of boost. put down 530 r.w.h.p.

I am running around 50-60% injector duty cycle with 65lb injectors and I just recently bought the e-85 ethanol sensor would I be fine with running e-85 with that % injector duty cycle on ethanol? I currently have a ZL1 fuel pump factory installed in my 1LE right now. Or would u recommend at the very least a boost a pump? Either way I figured I could adjust the % of ethanol to gasoline ratio to get it to work with my set-up.
    2015 2ss 1LE Camaro with LSA conversion. stock pulleys 6lbs of boost. put down 530 r.w.h.p.

Senior Tuner
    if your 60% IDC now with E85 add around 30% so u may be on the edge of safe depending on what EQ ratio u use also, is the ZL1 pump an upgraded kit ? u can increase the PE ramp in to about 1.5-2 for boost to keep up with the instant change in fuel that can happen and make sure transient fueling is suited also a little more can help on throttle mashes also

low fuel pressure

fuel pressure run wide open pe mode.hpl I have been having issues with my fuel pressure dropping to 50 psi from the desired 57 psi. Is this something that should be taking care of or could I compensate the lower fuel pressure with the tune like I have? Here is a copy of my latest scan. Don't pay to much attention to the rich spike going into p.e mode I am still playing around with it.

Senior Tuner
    yea if ur dropping 10psi by that rpm it will drop alot more on ethanol and its best to get mechanical fueling spot on and reliable then u know when u get the tune fueling setup it will be correct, always better to make sure the pump/pumps are up to the task then get injectors slightly bigger then u need or to suit a hp goal u want and just do it once right then u dont have to worry about it again, u will prob get another 50-70hp going to ethanol and torque is a big change also so u will have have consistent fueling at those levels so its trustworthy

yea if ur dropping 10psi by that rpm it will drop alot more on ethanol and its best to get mechanical fueling spot on and reliable then u know when u get the tune fueling setup it will be correct, always better to make sure the pump/pumps are up to the task then get injectors slightly bigger then u need or to suit a hp goal u want and just do it once right then u dont have to worry about it again, u will prob get another 50-70hp going to ethanol and torque is a big change also so u will have have consistent fueling at those levels so its trustworthy
    I'm going to try to play around with the the fpcm from the zl1 and copy those into mine to see if it will help maintaine at least my desired 58 psi rail pressure. Do u know if this is even possible?

Senior Tuner
    im not sure whats possible with the FPCM but i think there was a thread on here about what can be done adjusting it, or i think some keep it and use a boost a pump also

im not sure whats possible with the FPCM but i think there was a thread on here about what can be done adjusting it, or i think some keep it and use a boost a pump also
    I copied the zL1 fpcm and now have my fuel pressure at the desired 58 psi. what setting do I mess with on the transients. My car goes 10.8 afr when it hits pe mode and then hits my targeted afr for pe mode. I believe it has to do with the transients as you had mentioned earlier.

Senior Tuner
    can try emc12003 manifold volume is a general change to transients (it was in the transient page but its been moved) or more specific the transient "impact factor" and "evap factor" if u sit at a cruise and tip in the throttle and it goes rich then back to commanded and u know the fueling is steady then try lowering the impact factor see if it helps, changing the transient fueling shouldnt affect steady state it only affect throttle tip in and tip out movements, the evap and impact can be a little separate and also together so it could take a change for either or both to help

I have the ethanol sensor installed and working in my car. I think I have the afr gauge adjusted to ethanol correctly? My commanded fuel is off from the wideband. Here is a copy of my scan. I entered in the setting from the company for the ethanol sensor. Maybe I am missing something. Here is copy of my tune as well. I have a aem wideband and I cannot get it to display lambda. ethanol run pe mode hit commanded off.hpl
    Last edited by 151LE; 07-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Senior Tuner
    your commanded is what it should be for 25% ethanol but your WB looks to be off which could be set for petrol, best to get it to read lambda there should be a preset calc for it in the scanner if u go to your mpvi input right click and select transform then at the top go into equivalence ratio and select the aem u have and save it then it should read lambda, if its still off a little then u may have a voltage offset, when ur at lambda using STFT cruising u should be at 1 if your not quite there then u can adjust the offset to get it right

your commanded is what it should be for 25% ethanol but your WB looks to be off which could be set for petrol, best to get it to read lambda there should be a preset calc for it in the scanner if u go to your mpvi input right click and select transform then at the top go into equivalence ratio and select the aem u have and save it then it should read lambda, if its still off a little then u may have a voltage offset, when ur at lambda using STFT cruising u should be at 1 if your not quite there then u can adjust the offset to get it right
    So is it safe to say it is calculating for the ethical correctly? For whatever reason I do not see a lambda option for my aem wideband.. I tried the transform option, but no luck. I can set it to adjust afr for e-85, but not lambda...

Quote Originally Posted by 151LE View Post
    So is it safe to say it is calculating for the ethical correctly? For whatever reason I do not see a lambda option for my aem wideband.. I tried the transform option, but no luck. I can set it to adjust afr for e-85, but not lambda...
    ok I got the lambda to work on my wideband. here is a scan with a cold start. it would appear to me it is off?cold start with run with lambda.hpl

Senior Tuner
    does seem to be showing quite rich, your LT trims are removing 16% also, what is it light at operating temp ? get fueling right at operating temp then see what cold is like and if so adjust the cold multipliers so it stays good at operating but is close at cold u may not get it right all the time but operating is the main one to get right, if u get it warmed up then dial fueling in using STFT so its close to zero as u can then see what the wideband reads if its still rich u may have to adjust the offset, i usually dial in fueling at a set rpm say 1500rpm so its steady and get STFT spot on and then adjust the WB offset so its reading lambda 1 at the same point trims are on zero then u have a good reference, then see what cold starts are like, and disable all trims and go OL and use the wideband to dial in fueling then when its done u can re enable trims and they should be as close as u got the WB

one other thing on this tune that I cannot figure out is the spark knock. Since the orginal tune in this car I have pulled upwards of 6 degrees in areas and still getting 1-2 degrees of spark knock. I am even getting 1-2 degrees on ethanol. HOw is this possible? I have all the burst knock tables zero'd out and still getting knock. As you can see in my tune from above I am not commanding a whole lot of timing. I just can't figure out why this is knocking?? Would zeroing out the predicted co-efficiency tables help?

does seem to be showing quite rich, your LT trims are removing 16% also, what is it light at operating temp ? get fueling right at operating temp then see what cold is like and if so adjust the cold multipliers so it stays good at operating but is close at cold u may not get it right all the time but operating is the main one to get right, if u get it warmed up then dial fueling in using STFT so its close to zero as u can then see what the wideband reads if its still rich u may have to adjust the offset, i usually dial in fueling at a set rpm say 1500rpm so its steady and get STFT spot on and then adjust the WB offset so its reading lambda 1 at the same point trims are on zero then u have a good reference, then see what cold starts are like, and disable all trims and go OL and use the wideband to dial in fueling then when its done u can re enable trims and they should be as close as u got the WB

I will get a log of it at operating temp and see where it is at. Thanks for all the reply's

lambda

ethanol run with lambda off by .30.hpl here is a copy of my scan with using lambda. I am off by around .30 points. I have tried to adjust the offset, but with no luck. There is little info, that I can find, on lambda. Do you know the formula for this or?

Senior Tuner
    if ur off by .3 then u can add/remove .3 to the + figure in the transform to get it right, keep the (volts/####) number the same just the + #### number adjust to get it right

if ur off by .3 then u can add/remove .3 to the + figure in the transform to get it right, keep the (volts/####) number the same just the + #### number adjust to get it right
    I adjusted the .30 to the + side and it was great at 1 lambda, however when i entered p.e. mode it would jump to 1.08 or so and the commanded would go down from lambda to a number like .73 or so Does this seem right? That's what confused me to think it wasn't calibrated correctly.

Senior Tuner
    it should go lower .73 sounds about right foe PE in EQratio, commanded eqratio and WB in lambda should be the same if fueling is correct, when it goes up to 1.08 does it then go to the .73 area ? ill have a look at your log when im back at laptop