Thread: 210?s lbs Bosch inj SD in open loop??

Advanced Tuner

210?s lbs Bosch inj SD in open loop??

Guys I?m tuning a 0411 ECM it?s a turbo set up, SD on open loop harness was made with no o2 sensors or MAF sensor. The data of injector I got it from FIC, well I?m having trouble taking out gas at idle, I had to lower my fuel pressure regulator, that work but not sure if lowering will be good, went from 60 psi to 40 psi.

Now will that big of injector giving me problems tuning them? What other way I can do to pull gas? If it?s fine with lowering the fuel pressure it?s ok with me. I will post the file later on I don?t have my laptop with me.

What’s injector PW at?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Like ben said what pulse with.
    Almost guarantee your gonna have to cut your minimum fuel milligrams under transients a lot to get your pulsewidths down.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    I’ll post the file.

Advanced Tuner
    I just start to work with the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yup, as said chop the min fuel milligrams from .029 down to like .012 or something low like that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yup, as said chop the min fuel milligrams from .029 down to like .012 or something low like that.
    Your talking about the Limits - Min Injector Pulse?

Nope. The min fuel milligrams in the transient fuel tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    This past weekend, I installed my Bosch 210's and switched to E85. Since I have a boost referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator, I just plugged all the ID2000 data sheet values in my tune, no scaling.

I've ran E85 before and knew the usual changes, Stoich (9.75), bump up cranking fuel a bit, etc but that was with Bosch 127#. I found that for these Bosch 210's, I had to copy stock 5.3 tables (FA MULT STAGE 1 VS TIME, FA MULT STAGE 2 VS TIME, PRIME RUNTIME, PRIME PULSE MASS, FIRST PULSE MASS and SEC. PULSE MASS), then multiply each by 1.50. This was to overcome a hot restart issue. With the prior slight enrichments, it would cold start just fine. But if I drove it a few miles then shut it off, then tried to restart, it would just crank and crank. Might hit on one cylinder every 3 tries but would never catch. With the recent changes, it cold starts fine (actually, idle seems to be more stable and stronger) and also hot starts fine. While I was in there, I also set the Fuel>Transient>Min fuel milligrams to .002

My engine:
    2003 5.3, PRC heads, summit stage 2 turbo cam, VSRacing s480 clone w/102/92 turbine, Compstar rods, Wiseco pistons, stock crank, stock 98 - 02 Fbody intake.