Thread: Bosch 210 issues

Potential Tuner

Bosch 210 issues

I?m new to hp tuners and got my car dialed in pretty close on the stock 28lb injectors I switched over to Bosch 210?s and used the id2000 injector data and now it refuses to idle. I?ve tried everything there must be something I?m missing ?? Any help would be appreciated

Can't help much without a tune and logs to look at.

Something that big will likely need you to scale back the fueling a ton because it's going to be rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Here is my current tune its a 4.8 with ljms stage 2 turbo cam ported and polished 243's fast 102mm intake and throttle body and bosch 210's and vs racing 78/75 with a newer 3bar zl1 map sensor base fuel pressure is set to 43.5
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change cylinder volume to match a 4.8 engine. Set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error, you can uncheck the SES boxes if you want. Set the dynamic airflow high rpm disable to 8,000 rpm, so it's always speed density.

Because those injectors are so massive you will likely need to scale back the fueling in the VE a ton so it's not overly rich and can idle. Those 3 BAR OS's have terrible resolution too. If you aren't going run more than 15psi consider using the 2 BAR OS instead if it has better resolution on the VE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    still doesn't want to idle unless I play with the ve table till its warm?

try this file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    got a log? with wideband

its likely because its so rich your struggling to have it idle.

PCM adds fuel for cold ECT likely meaning it wont idle until its warm. being so rich will mean it requires more air to idle.

such a big injector has limited resolution for idle. youre pretty much tuning a tap because most of the PW at idle will be dead time.

Potential Tuner
    for some reason it wont let me open it ??

you will need the newest version to open it

Potential Tuner
    Just got it all working idles perfect now. thanks

Tuner
    So what did you do to get it running right

Tuner in Training
    This past weekend, I installed my Bosch 210's and switched to E85. Since I have a boost referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator, I just plugged all the ID2000 data sheet values in my tune, no scaling.

I've ran E85 before and knew the usual changes, Stoich (9.75), bump up cranking fuel a bit, etc but that was with Bosch 127#. But with these 210's, I found that I had to copy stock 5.3 tables (FA MULT STAGE 1 VS TIME, FA MULT STAGE 2 VS TIME, PRIME RUNTIME, PRIME PULSE MASS, FIRST PULSE MASS and SEC. PULSE MASS), then multiply each by 1.50. This was to overcome a hot restart issue. With the prior slight enrichments, it would cold start just fine. But if I drove it a few miles then shut it off, then tried to restart, it would just crank and crank. Might hit on one cylinder every 3 tries but would never catch. With the recent changes, it cold starts fine (actually, idle seems to be more stable and stronger) and also hot starts fine. While I was in there, I also set the Fuel>Transient>Min fuel milligrams to .002

My engine:
    2003 5.3, PRC heads, summit stage 2 turbo cam, VSRacing s480 clone w/102/92 turbine, Compstar rods, Wiseco pistons, stock crank, stock 98 - 02 Fbody intake.
    Last edited by mightyquickz28; 04-14-2021 at 12:29 PM.