Thread: P12 Flash with MPVI2

Tuner

P12 Flash with MPVI2

So i had a unsuccessful flash last week and have one potential bricked ecu. Waiting to hear back if i can get a Tech at a GM dealer to flash it. But was told to use the Beta VCM suite as they fixed the issue. Whatever it was. But before attempting to try again and lose potentially another ecu I would like to hear back if anyone else has tried and been successful.

Advanced Tuner
    did you get it handled - ive had a flash fail on me before and i just reflashed it and was g2g - but not on the mpvi2 - pro version not out yet

Potential Tuner
    I had issues with my p12b using the MPVI2. I read it without any issues but when I tried to flash, it connected, loaded bootloader, started erasing and stopped. I couldn't reconnect for quite some time. I was able to connect 3 different times and all got to the same point and failed. I disconnected the after market radio and amp beforehand and nothing so I pulled the on-star fuse just for Shits-N-Giggles made sure my headlights were staying off and turned off my interior lights all while the charger was connected to the vehicle. I'm not sure what the problem was but it finally worked and has worked several times since then without failing.
    Last edited by simple2me; 06-18-2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: addional wording

Tuner
    They rolled out a fix in the beta vcm suite that was supposed to have fixed the issue. It's flashed now and working. But not in the original ecu I flashed. The original ECU is bricked. I'm trying to see if a tech2 can recover it but haven't heard back from the GM tech yet. At least you where able to get it to work. I tried pulling the aftermarket adapter as well. No OnStar but I tried everything I read

Tuner in Training
    I think I have one bricked also now. My P12 looks like it's stuck in the receiving data mode or something. No software will even communicate with it, even the Beta. I've tried many, many times now and doesn't even show any signs of it will ever read it again. Ever flash would time out on the bootloader, but would always work the second time. I don't know if that is what happened this time or what.

Tuner
    That's what my original did. Still have not heard back from this GM tech yet. So not sure if even a dealer can recover the ecu. So now I do have a spare ecu just in case. Thinking about swapping to the E67. Seems these p12s are pretty much just shit for the most part and hard to come by at that

Tuner in Training
    I was able to recover it using software and firmware released since my last post. All is good once again. I did buy a backup P12 on ebay for $28. I haven't done anything with it yet. As long as I have it, I'll never have to use it.

Advanced Tuner
    good to hear