Thread: E40 SD Tuning and MAF codes

E40 SD Tuning and MAF codes

Quick question here. I am tuning my 05 GTO with the E40 ECU. I have the errors for P0101,102, and 103 set to MIL on first error and SES unchecked.

For the ECU to properly fail in to SD only mode does it need to set the P0101 code? Right now mine is only setting P0102 and P0103. I have the MAF fail freq high and low set to 0hz. I entered all 0s in the MAF table and have the MAF unplugged and its running great, so im assuming its running in SD mode I just want to confirm that it doesnt NEED to actually set P0101 code for SD mode.

Ive attached my tune and a log file from a run this morning. My wideband wasnt hooked up so dont worry about no WB readings.

18-06-15 07-33-20.hpl

modified tune 2005 gto - Begin SD.hpt
    Last edited by Philbar715; 06-15-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Really just P0103 needs to be there.

You can even log the MAF sensor status channel and it will says "failed" so you know it's in speed density.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I have been caught with the PCM still looking for a MAF reference very briefly even in SD. I see the custom SD OS hasn't been applied.

I personally leave the MAF values in the high and low frequency tables under airflow. I copy the 5800hz value from low into high to make sure they're the same value in both high and low frequency airflow tables.

I also set the dynamic rpm disable/reenable values to a max so it doesn't try to use a dynamic airflow calc.

I personally always apply the custom OS if I'm going to run SD so there's no glitches in the background causing havoc during the calibration.

attached are E40 SD filesGTO turbo number 2 2 bar base file 632rwhp.hpt649rwhp 11psi.hpt

ignore the VE table shapes as theyre not quite right but was fighting mechanical limits

but see referenced points above if you wish

Awesome thanks for the info guys.

I set the MAF table to 0 and did some runs and it appears that its in SD mode. Also MAF state is "failed" on the scanner.

Is it normal for the airflow mode to go in to "high speed" around 4k RPMs?

Advanced Tuner
    see if it still does it with dynamic airflow disable and re-enable RPM values maxed out.

high and low speed are a reference to the MAF. I've personally never logged that PID, but I've never had an issue in SD with the dynamic disable and re-enable RPM values maxed out and the same value in the 5800hz axis for the high and low MAF tables

This thread has the answer from HP Tuners on the high speed.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ght=high+speed
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.