Thread: P59 3bar flex os for dbc

Tuner in Training

P59 3bar flex os for dbc

Hey guys,

I have done a lot of searching and maybe I?m not using the right keywords but I?m looking for the correct OS number for a p59 3bar flex fuel dbc vehicle.

I have a 05 p59 pcm 12589462 with a hardware of 12589161. It however has a 4.3v6 os on it.

So that being said is it just as simple as writing the correct OS into the pcm for my 5.3? It looks as if the Serv and hdw number are the same as the express van pcms I?ve looked at. I know the 05 avalanche has a flex OS, but it should be DBW right or is that something that can be changed in the editor?

I know this has been covered a lot, but definitive OS numbers seem to be a little foggy on what is the best route to achieve what I?m doing.

Thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    I have changed DBW to DBC. go to system>general... under vehicle there will be "platform type" drop down box, and below that there is a system options table.

under the selected platform type in the ETC axis there will be a 1.. change that to 0 and fit your DBC IAC and TPS sensor to the correct harness wires and it'll work

see attached. excuse the large transition in low rpm idle spark. trying to fight a TB the flexes and records varying TPS values making idle and return to idle tuning difficult

blowerbase.hptstockish.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Okay that?s nice to know, is there anything else other than changing that parameter that?s required?

Also still searching for the best or correct OS number that I need

Tuner in Training
    Here's one of my base tunes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot355 View Post
    Here's one of my base tunes
    Bumping a slightly old thread..

Does Flex fuel work on this OS? And DBC?

I use the 04 P59 files. The base OS is 12587603. I have a copy of basically any configuration needed for any swap. This 04 P59 was found in the Van's, so it has the IAC drivers, and also in the Corvettes, so you can get the file for DBW as well. Since these came in the Van, they have files for a 6.0/4l80E and also a 4.8/5.3/4l60E obviously, the Corvettes have the manual trans, so with that, basically, there is any config you could want. They do come with Flex Fuel enabled in some, they are harder to find, but are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rpturbo View Post
    I use the 04 P59 files. The base OS is 12587603. I have a copy of basically any configuration needed for any swap. This 04 P59 was found in the Van's, so it has the IAC drivers, and also in the Corvettes, so you can get the file for DBW as well. Since these came in the Van, they have files for a 6.0/4l80E and also a 4.8/5.3/4l60E obviously, the Corvettes have the manual trans, so with that, basically, there is any config you could want. They do come with Flex Fuel enabled in some, they are harder to find, but are out there.
    Just want to make sure I don't waste credits flashing an OS that has the flex fuel boxes but doesn't actually work...

I'll try to find something that will work, thanks for the direction!
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock