Thread: Strange Launch Issue PD Blown L76

Strange Launch Issue PD Blown L76

We are having a problem with this car in first gear only launching at the track.
    Right at 4000 rpm just as the engine starts to REALLY accelerate the rpms go dead flat for 100 rpm then pick back up again and the engine continues to accelerate.

It is like the car quits making power.
    From what i can see is that it is not a torque management issue as the data shows that spark, fuel and throttle do not move from commanded.

The car has been tuned blended VE/maf to 2500 rpm then maf only onward.
    I think that this might be my issue.

The set up is
    2010 VE SS
    Maggie 1900
    DW injectors using DW data
    216/232 115 cam
    sbe
    stock converter ect.
    pump 98 w/ water meth

L76 stock engine e85 flex 216 232 cam ls7 maf XVP820 - 2 bar ve table magnuson 1900 90lb DW inje.hptheathcote 11.28 127.hpl

This one has me scratching my head and i think the car will knock over a 10 sec pass if we can get this sorted.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Advanced Tuner
    you feeling this in the car or just going off data log?

disable injector desoot switch also.

I can feel it. Like someone cuts the power off for a second. It kills the 60ft pretty bad

Advanced Tuner
    i see it in a few spots in the last pull - start of - at 5500 and 6500 also where it slows down for a tick and then continues on ... i noticed in your tune you still a few torque management settings turned on so maybe shut them all off to make sure there no outside influence ... also the maf looks pretty rocky during the wot areas, i would definitely smooth those out a little better and having the maf/ve blend shouldn't matter for wot since maf takes over for fueling by then

Advanced Tuner
    I’m having a similar issue on my e38 08 denali. I am going mag only at 2500 rpm also. I am only noticing it 1st gear also. Leads me to tq mgt also but logging it it not saying it’s on. Curious what others suggest.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    i see it in a few spots in the last pull - start of - at 5500 and 6500 also where it slows down for a tick and then continues on ... i noticed in your tune you still a few torque management settings turned on so maybe shut them all off to make sure there no outside influence ... also the maf looks pretty rocky during the wot areas, i would definitely smooth those out a little better and having the maf/ve blend shouldn't matter for wot since maf takes over for fueling by then
    My main concern is that because the ve after 2500rpm is stock it is too different from the maf curve caausing the problem.

What TM did you see that would be worth turning off?

Quote Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85 View Post
    I’m having a similar issue on my e38 08 denali. I am going mag only at 2500 rpm also. I am only noticing it 1st gear also. Leads me to tq mgt also but logging it it not saying it’s on. Curious what others suggest.
    Is your VE table above 2500 untouched and stock also?

Advanced Tuner
    It was and then I copy/pasted/smoothed some about 105kpa from a ZL1 and it didn't seem to change what it was doing.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, I didn't have any of these problems with my LSA blower on my 07 Tahoe with a 5.3l Its an e38 also but 4l70e vs 6l80e and tq mgt work much differently on the 2.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    how much fuel in the tank when your running? I've found the tank setup in commodores/camaro's do not like launching when running under 1/4 tank. They will launch then nose over then pick up again.

Tuner in Training
    I think your cylinder volume is a typo.

Never mind it's correct!
    Last edited by David WS6; 06-18-2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: correction

At 11:19:20 (4000rpm in 1st gear) it looks like wheelspin to me since it picks up RPM much faster right around 3900rpm, then kinda hangs at 4000-4100rpm a bit, then is back in line and continues up the same slope. It happens again later on must be 2nd gear 11:19:22 but at 5900-6000rpm, starts increasing like wheelspin then tires get hot and rpm's actually come down to 5800rpm before continuing on up, you can see your speed looks like it follows the RPM drop so most likely it's wheel-spin.

Had this happen on the dyno one time, rpm's came up to around 4500rpm then just hung there.. I let off. The owner been doing it for 20yrs at this point, he thought something let go, or clutch slip. It was just wheel spin. Tires these days act different than they used too.. they get hot fast and start gripping, stopping wheelspin as it's happening. Creates strange thoughts about what is going on.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    At 11:19:20 (4000rpm in 1st gear) it looks like wheelspin to me since it picks up RPM much faster right around 3900rpm, then kinda hangs at 4000-4100rpm a bit, then is back in line and continues up the same slope. It happens again later on must be 2nd gear 11:19:22 but at 5900-6000rpm, starts increasing like wheelspin then tires get hot and rpm's actually come down to 5800rpm before continuing on up, you can see your speed looks like it follows the RPM drop so most likely it's wheel-spin.

Had this happen on the dyno one time, rpm's came up to around 4500rpm then just hung there.. I let off. The owner been doing it for 20yrs at this point, he thought something let go, or clutch slip. It was just wheel spin. Tires these days act different than they used too.. they get hot fast and start gripping, stopping wheelspin as it's happening. Creates strange thoughts about what is going on.
    You know i think you are right here. ive probably been over thinking it.

The rpm shoots straight up then goes flat. kind of the same after the 1-2 shift where it spins.