Thread: Video & GPS good but no audio?

Potential Tuner

Video & GPS good but no audio?

Hey there,
    I just bought and used TrackAddict for an autox this weekend and really like it so far, using it with an iPhone6 (iOS 11.3.1) on a dash mount connected to an external dual160 gps which worked like a charm.

The only thing is I can?t figure out how to turn on the audio recording for my trackaddict video which is completely silent. The mic works fine when I use the regular camera app to shoot video... what am I missing?

Thanks, Jeff

Potential Tuner
    Turn on ringer switch! So all the music and regular camera video audio work fine with the ringer switch in the off position but trackaddict is using that indicator to silence the audio, problem solved. Now if I can just get the ram mount to hold my iPhone steady for the next event...

Glad you solved it. The usual culprits for no audio are the phone's mute switch, the phone's overall volume setting, something plugged into the headphone jack (or bluetooth audio), another app using the audio, or possibly the use of airplay streaming.

As for the mounting, the best I've found is a Panavise model 809 suction cup attached to a simple smartphone tripod mount... Some phones may still have a bit of wobble in the video (newer Samsungs and iPhones particularly), but some others do really well, and I haven't found anything that seems to hold it more steady.
    Here are the amazon links that I normally buy from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000246ST6 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WFNNNCC

For cases where there's still a lot of wobble in the video, I've been told that some people have had success in putting a small magnet near the camera lens to hold things steady, but it's not clear if there are any negative or long-term effects on the camera components from doing that, so I would advise caution with trying that.