Thread: TCC slipping, doesn't appear to lockup...6.0/4l60, cammed

TCC slipping, doesn't appear to lockup...6.0/4l60, cammed

I left my HP box with my cousin because he said his TCC wasn't locking on the tune that came on his swap truck. It's an lq9/60e swap in a '90 rcsb silverado, cammed etc..

Sent me some logs and the tune, and I'm no pro but, looks to me like tune commands lockup and in the logs its trying to lock but, slipping some under low load and lots under much load at all. NOt sure what stall they put in it, but misfires errors are all maxed for cam, PCS max 100 and MIn 95%, pressures bumped, not sure what else to look at.

We don't have this tune licensed on my box yet....and don't want to unless it makes sense. In all reality, I'd like to take it to the guy who did it in DFW area and ask what's up if anything in the tune id whacky, which I can;t see glaring at me.

It's been on a Compushift and supposedly it was locking. I was not there..can't validate.

I got a 12 pack on it if you have a second to spare to help a brother out. Cheers and thanks much!

houston hwy 1.hpl

First Read Houston.hpt

John
    Last edited by mercrising; 06-17-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Bump...anyone have a trouble shooting tree for TCC lockup?

Sorry if this isn't much. but. If I had a 4l60e or 4l80e slipping in lockup for any reason, I would try commanding 100% PWM from the scanner to make sure symptoms repeat.

then try manually sending ground to the TCC circuit for 100% "PWM" (a pulse that never goes "off" or "low") and replicate symptoms.

I think that would rule out the tune and point right at the trans/converter as the issue. Like failing TCC pressure circuit or perhaps a clogging filter or failing converter clutch.