Thread: Rescale Throttle Body Area in P59 PCM

Rescale Throttle Body Area in P59 PCM

I am wondering how to rescale the throttle body area in HP Tuners. I can easily calculate the area change of the blade itself, but am wondering where this information goes in the tune. I went from a Gen III 75mm to a Gen IV 90mm throttle body on a 2007 LQ4 with TBW. I have full throttle range but am concerned about modifying throttle areas because HP Tuners warns about the TAC when changing the min and max areas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NPD; 06-17-2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added tune file

Advanced Tuner
    post a tune file because different ecm os's have different ways about going about it

Tune file posted in original post. Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    lol sorry i can be quite blind sometimes ... cable or drive by wire ... on your ecm setup there really isnt a rescaling ... just have to adjust for the proper idle airflow numbers, iac steps, base running airflow and what not ... are you having issues with idle or more so just asking? ... yeah i wouldn't touch the throttle controls for the tac section ... leave them be
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-17-2018 at 02:32 PM.

You are not blind, I posted it after you asked.

TBW, some say DBW. The engine already runs with the 90mm Gen IV TB, just need to scale it. I am using the Gen III P59 PCM. Have full throttle range to 100%. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    ok yeah leave the airflow etc controls alone ... only way to scale it is if the vehicle used the etc scaler portion for larger throttle bodies which your ecm does not (set to 0) so its just using idle base running airflow,iac steps,follower,cracker,etc... to keep the throttle in check - search around the fourms for idle tuning guides - i remember reading about a user RussK having a thread or config file setup to do proper idle tuning
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-17-2018 at 05:43 PM.

So focus on those two areas and I should be ok?

Advanced Tuner
    yeah for starting out tuning the idle for the bigger tb start on getting the base running idle air flow numbers and iac counts/steps to within a normal range to stabilize the idle and then redo maf and ve (if using) and if necessary tune the cracker and follower sections - cracker is known for causing the hanging idle during coast down until 0 mph

Ok will do, thank you!

Tuner in Training
    set the etc area scalar to 0? Engine > Idle > Airflow > "ETC Area Scalar"