Thread: VCM Suite 4.0 Exception Errors, Corrupt Scanner, No license showing on Editor

Potential Tuner

VCM Suite 4.0 Exception Errors, Corrupt Scanner, No license showing on Editor

So I upgraded to VCM 4.0. Prior using 3.6 Pro. When opening Scanner, the display is grossly corrupt and I get immediate Exception Errors. Continue and I get a corrupt non usable Scanner. Quit and of course it closes. Editor does open but when checking the Licensing, it immediately gives Exception Errors. Continue and it shows no licenses. Quit and closes program. Has anyone else had major issues like this when upgrading to VCM 4.0?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what net framework are you running? 4.6.1 or newer is necessary for our 4.0 software. That is typically the reason for exception errors.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill - I did some further reading on the forum and have learned what the problem is. Your new 4.0 is not compatible with MPV1, XP, or Win7+ if .net is not the latest (which was written for Win10). Yall have put us in quite the quandary with the 4.0 rev and MPV2. MPV2 doesn't currently support WB interface and is therefore not efficient in tuning, especially for big cams or boosted applications, so I see it useless to upgrade to MPV2 at this time. The repository files are now only opened by 4.0+ VCM software. My tuning laptop runs on XP and supports other XP based apps and GM Tech manuals that wont run on Win10. This leaves me and many others in a pickle and forced to stay with VCM 3.6, but now the tune repository files can't be read, and tuning assistance from others becomes a nightmare fighting with non-compatible versions. I understand your need to move to newer tech and software, but yall are doing so at the expensive of the majority of your Customer base. I am not giving up my 3.6 and MPV1, and find it awkward that the only way for me to move forward is to buy a completely new setup - laptop and MPV2 just to run VCM 4.0. Even then, files wont be interchangeable. While I am a not a professional tuner, folks that make a living with it are going to find the expense and incompatibility with the new version to have a substantial impact on their business and their ability to communicate with current and attract new Customers becomes severely impaired. Most of the feedback I have read is negative - very sad. Yall have a great product - outstanding product, but I really do think the direction yall are heading and the decision to not make 4.0 backwards compatible could be detrimental to your business. Would you consider posting (2) Tune Repositories - one for MPV1 VCM 3.6 and another for MPV2 VCM 4.0? This would greatly reduce the headache, negative comments, and would give your Customers time to slowly complete migration to MPV2. Most of us have quite a bit of money invested in our laptops, tablets, PC's, license, and MPV1 dongles. Reinvesting all that and then adapting everything we have done before to MPV2 is going to take some time, if some can or care to do it at all. Bill - I really do appreciate all yall have done for the tuning industry, and believe HP Tuners is a fantastic, leading-edge tuning platform, but I encourage yall to please consider your Customers comments and concerns and provide solutions to keep MPV1 and VCM 3.6 alive and still usable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoltarZ View Post
    Bill - I did some further reading on the forum and have learned what the problem is. Your new 4.0 is not compatible with MPV1, XP, or Win7+ if .net is not the latest (which was written for Win10). Yall have put us in quite the quandary with the 4.0 rev and MPV2. MPV2 doesn't currently support WB interface and is therefore not efficient in tuning, especially for big cams or boosted applications, so I see it useless to upgrade to MPV2 at this time. The repository files are now only opened by 4.0+ VCM software. My tuning laptop runs on XP and supports other XP based apps and GM Tech manuals that wont run on Win10. This leaves me and many others in a pickle and forced to stay with VCM 3.6, but now the tune repository files can't be read, and tuning assistance from others becomes a nightmare fighting with non-compatible versions. I understand your need to move to newer tech and software, but yall are doing so at the expensive of the majority of your Customer base. I am not giving up my 3.6 and MPV1, and find it awkward that the only way for me to move forward is to buy a completely new setup - laptop and MPV2 just to run VCM 4.0. Even then, files wont be interchangeable. While I am a not a professional tuner, folks that make a living with it are going to find the expense and incompatibility with the new version to have a substantial impact on their business and their ability to communicate with current and attract new Customers becomes severely impaired. Most of the feedback I have read is negative - very sad. Yall have a great product - outstanding product, but I really do think the direction yall are heading and the decision to not make 4.0 backwards compatible could be detrimental to your business. Would you consider posting (2) Tune Repositories - one for MPV1 VCM 3.6 and another for MPV2 VCM 4.0? This would greatly reduce the headache, negative comments, and would give your Customers time to slowly complete migration to MPV2. Most of us have quite a bit of money invested in our laptops, tablets, PC's, license, and MPV1 dongles. Reinvesting all that and then adapting everything we have done before to MPV2 is going to take some time, if some can or care to do it at all. Bill - I really do appreciate all yall have done for the tuning industry, and believe HP Tuners is a fantastic, leading-edge tuning platform, but I encourage yall to please consider your Customers comments and concerns and provide solutions to keep MPV1 and VCM 3.6 alive and still usable.
    The simple answer is we can't for various reasons. We know some people will be upset, we acknowledge and accept that and continue to move forward. I'm not being flippant and I know its not the answer you want to hear, but its the honest answer. We don't wake up every morning trying to think of ways to annoy people for no reason, it was a very long discussion internally and we had to take a tough decision that we knew would not be a popular one.

Also, just to correct a couple of things, VCM Suite 4.0 is fully compatible with MPVI Pro/Std and MPVI2, it also works on Win 7 (I use it daily on Win 7 and Win 10).
    I count sheep in hex...

Win 7 here - works just fine. XP is dead...

Tuner
    A friend of mine said he was able to install the required net framework to be able to run the 4.0 with windows xp.. he had nothing to lose so he tried.. I didn't ask or get specifics though..

Potential Tuner
    tek1229 A friend of mine said he was able to install the required net framework to be able to run the 4.0 with windows xp.. he had nothing to lose so he tried.. I didn't ask or get specifics though..

If you could get the 4.x version he used, and any tips/tricks required to get v4.x to install on XP, that would be much appreciated.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 install

Quote Originally Posted by ZoltarZ View Post
    tek1229 A friend of mine said he was able to install the required net framework to be able to run the 4.0 with windows xp.. he had nothing to lose so he tried.. I didn't ask or get specifics though..

If you could get the 4.x version he used, and any tips/tricks required to get v4.x to install on XP, that would be much appreciated.
    go to the Microsoft website (type in Microsoft .NET Framework 4) do the web install and it will get you what you need.

Supported Operating System
    Windows 7, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3

I too installed 4.0 recently and, not to hijack but other's may have experienced the same, I could not read my logs from the scanner with 4.0. I had commanded AFR, MPVI port 1, KR, and trans gear. That was it. It was about 3 days worth of logs that should've given me some good data.

On top of that, after downloading the logs via 4.0, I uninstalled 4.0 and went back to 3.6... and now 3.6 won't read them.

Got any ideas on what caused that?
    1997 Chevrolet K2500 ECSB, 0411, 454, headers w/ Exhaust, MSD, 28lb injectors "Biggin"