Thread: fuel cutoff or rev limiter problem - 05 rcsb 6.0 t56 -

Potential Tuner

fuel cutoff or rev limiter problem - 05 rcsb 6.0 t56 -

Hey guys, posting up for answers or opinions. I'm very new to this. I've got a 2005 rcsb with a 6.0 lq9 tsp stage 4 truck cam, prc heads shaved .020, walbro 255 pump,8.1 injectors. Swapped in a t56 from a 02 ss camaro as well. I've changed everything in the tune to bump the rev limiter I can find. I'm still bouncing off it for some reason. You guys take a look? Also, this is a work in progress - I've got it idling great and taking throttle but I haven't done any ve tuning or maf tuning yet. I've got a aem 30-0300 wideband hooked up in the truck but I haven't started logging it in hptuners yet. I'm open to any suggestions, or tips. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 05rcsb; 06-18-2018 at 07:55 PM.

What version of HP Tuners did you use to read the calibration? What do you want the RPM limit to be? What is it hitting now?

Potential Tuner
    The latest version 4.0 I believe. Its hitting 5500 now and I'd like to raise it to 6500

Changes should be simple to make. I deal with rev limits all the time on the dyno. I cannot open your particular tune in 4.0, I get a message saying I am not part of a remote tuning network.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry about that, somehow it got tuner locked. I've changed the first post and updated the file. Please try it again. Thanks in advance.

OK great. I will look at it first thing in the morning for you.

Potential Tuner
    Hey, I've also got this posted on pt.net and another member there suggested the engine and trans abuse settings. I changed a couple things in the original tune and went for a test drive. Same problem, but I've reposted the updated tune. Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see you are not using ETC so make sure to change the following anyway:

Engine>Torque Management>General>ETC Limits>ETC Injector Disable Set all to 255
    Engine>Torque Management>General>ETC Limits>Power-Hop Inj Disable Set all to 255
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Maximum Torque>vs. RPM Set all to 640
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Traction Control System>TCS Method>TCS Max Time Set to 0
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Traction Control System>TCS Method>TCS Min Time Set to 0
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Traction Control System>TCS Method>TCS Retard Ramp Out Set to 0

Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Cutoff>In-Gear Set all Cutoff to 6,500 and all Resume to 6,400 (If your ECM does not have a valid VSS or is missing a PRNDL input and/or TCM, ECM will default to a gear it picks on its own and could be stuck in Park/Neutral)
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Startup Modifiers>RPM Set all Cutoff to 6,500 and all Resume to 6,400
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Startup Modifiers>Delay Set all to 0
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Resume>Bad VSS Resume Set to 6,500 RPM
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Resume>Bad P/N Resume Set to 6,500 RPM

Transmission>Torque Management>Abuse Mode>Speed Set to 0

If still the same rev limit then change

Engine>Torque Management>General>Spark Retard>vs. Torque Reduction Set all to 0
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Spark Retard>vs. Spark Retard Set all to 0

Let me know how this works for you.
    Last edited by NPD; 06-19-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I will try this tonight after work and let you know.

Potential Tuner
    Fixed it. Thank you so much for the help.

You're very welcome! Happy to help.

Potential Tuner
    hello there old but what about it you have DBW?

Basically the same.

Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Cutoff>In-Gear Set all Cutoff to 6,500 and all Resume to 6,400 (If your ECM does not have a valid VSS or is missing a PRNDL input and/or TCM, ECM will default to a gear it picks on its own and could be stuck in Park/Neutral)
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Startup Modifiers>RPM Set all Cutoff to 6,500 and all Resume to 6,400
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Startup Modifiers>Delay Set all to 0
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Resume>Bad VSS Resume Set to 6,500 RPM
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>RPM Limits>Resume>Bad P/N Resume Set to 6,500 RPM

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys , need your kind help I have chevy cruze 1.8 , when trans in P or Natural will not go beyond 3000 Rpm. How can in open the RPM limiter.
    For your info my engine ecm has only one page which spark advance >> RPM VS MG/ STROKE .
    My ecm is S76GM.
    But my TCM >>VSS P./ REV- TRANS 36.0000

In advance I'm grateful, as I'm beginner tuner