Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mpvi2 pro pricing

Tuner
    Hi Chris, not sure where the best place to post this is. So the new MPVI2 now offers nissans. is Hondas anywhere in the plans in the future? i would think more people tune hondas than nissans but thats just my personal experiance. would really love for hondas to be offered. i would keep my my mpvi 1 pro and buy the new pro version when it comes out. i mostly only deal with GM and Honda. thanks in advance for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by It Will Run.Maybe View Post
    Hi Chris, not sure where the best place to post this is. So the new MPVI2 now offers nissans. is Hondas anywhere in the plans in the future? i would think more people tune hondas than nissans but thats just my personal experiance. would really love for hondas to be offered. i would keep my my mpvi 1 pro and buy the new pro version when it comes out. i mostly only deal with GM and Honda. thanks in advance for any info.
    Honda has been discussed, i can't give any further info sorry.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    must have overlooked that thread. ill try to find it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by It Will Run.Maybe View Post
    must have overlooked that thread. ill try to find it.
    I believe he was referring to internal discussions(within the company not the forum).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    ah ok Bill. thanks. fingers crossed on Honda being available next

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    VCM Suite will continue to support the MPVI Pro and Std for years to come on the applications that it supported at the launch of the MPVI2 (and a few extras that got thru). We haven't even had a discussion about end-of-support or end-of-life, however we will not be offering any new vehicle support on the older hardware.
    Do you offer hardware support for MPVI Pro in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    if you are a customer of VCM Australia then yes, they can help you out if you call them.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    Please call or email us on 03 9763 7599 or [email protected]

Hello, I'm new to this site and product, I must say I like the MPVI2. I purchased 1 a week or so ago to modify my 2010 silverado. To the pricing, I thought the price was fare and the upgrades are reasonable for all the enhancements you get. I have a company that makes products, we spent on r&d, prototyping, testing, engineering, upgrading and on and on, so to me 900 bucks or so is cheep compared to the millions spent to create the equipment and software. besides a weekend out with friends will cost 300 bucks or so. So Nice Work to the Guys at HP Tuners.

They havent even finished the pro feature yet, and therefore have no idea of the cost. Yet they've already put a price on it..

... think about that for a while and tell me it's not about the money.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsports-X View Post
    They havent even finished the pro feature yet, and therefore have no idea of the cost. Yet they've already put a price on it..

... think about that for a while and tell me it's not about the money.
    a. the pro feature set is a software update, pretty easy to put a number on man hours in and what we need for it to make a profile
    b. we aren't a not for profit business, we need to be profitable to stay in business and GROW our business as well...think about that for a while
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    As a dealer for HPT, Efi Live, and SCT I can say HPT has awesome customer service and vehicle support. We dont just sell those, we use them all also, we dont use SCT alot anymore but use HPT and EFI everyday. HPT keeps expanding vehicle support, adding new options and now the new mpvi2, what has their competitors done? Dollar for dollar there isnt another tuning option out there even close to HPT. Alot of the things I see complaining about (credits) is they just dont understand the new system. Alot of questions we get asked are right in the instructions in HPT that no ones reads.

You can use a serial wideband or if you have a ecm with can you can use the AEM odb2 wideband right now.

You guys should give these away for free. And you should give us an appropriate laptop to utilize this new tool. And you should supply us with a dyno so we can safely use your device. Or else, we'll wire up full stand alone management systems at thousands of dollars to compensate for an intake on a car. Because $300 for a device that can be used on hundreds of vehicles, and now maybe even, thousands of vehicles, is just absolutely crazy.

Tuner in Training
    I only wish they could of continued to keep the WBO2 data logging MVPI1 available until that feature could be made available on the new MVPI2. I am sure there was an unforseen issue caused it to happen the way it has, lets face it, this was/is not good for their business and I am sure they are working on it as fast as they can. Just have to kick it old school for now with a car mounted gauge and do the best you can I guess. I had been wanting to try their software/hardware for some time and just decided to try it and realized that this functionality was missing currently. I bought a new 2 just to give them continued support as they work back toward making WBO2 data available.