Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mpvi2 pro pricing

Mpvi2 pro pricing

Iirc the old pro unit was 649 with 8 credits. Is it correct that the new unit will increase that cost to $750? Will the pro unit be ready to connect to sensors or is the 249 pro upgrade software only?

Tuner in Training
    I think it'll actually be more. I bought the MPVI2 at $299 and if I bought 8 credits like the MPVI1 came with then it would put my cost up to $700 and then when they release the pro for the MPVI2 it'll be another $249 which will put me at $950 and then I'll have to buy the expander hub(no price has been mentioned yet) to be able to use the external inputs for the wideband,etc, like the MPVI1 pro came with for $650. So in my eyes the MPVI2 is costing me a lot more then the MPVI1 pro would've cost me but that's the price you pay for latest and greatest.

Latest and greatest? .i'm not sure what changed in the obd2 port that makes the interface of any significance. Looks like a pure money grab to me. That is a VERY significant cost increase for the first time buyer/hobbiest tuner. I just saved enough to buy what i neex and now...nope. i really hope that 249 pro option includes the expander hub. That pricing makes thier competitor look much more attractive than they did previously.

Potential Tuner
    What competitor is that?

Potential Tuner
    The only difference in cost is that they don't give you 8 credits anymore. Hptuners hasn't increased the cost of the interface in (I don't know the exact timeframe but I'm estimating) almost 10 years, it had to happen eventually. Requiring more credits per vehicle only goes so far.

For the average Joe who wants to buy it to look at, he can get into it for $299 plus 2 credits, that's really not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    The only difference in cost is that they don't give you 8 credits anymore. Hptuners hasn't increased the cost of the interface in (I don't know the exact timeframe but I'm estimating) almost 10 years, it had to happen eventually. Requiring more credits per vehicle only goes so far.

For the average Joe who wants to buy it to look at, he can get into it for $299 plus 2 credits, that's really not that bad.
    Our base pricing had remained the same since our very first product shipped in 2004 (14 years). $299 + 2 credits is below our previous entry price of $499, also $299 + 4 credits = $499. Believe it or not we had a lot of feedback from customers complaining they had no use for 8 credits so they felt they were paying for something they would never use. Hence, the more modular pricing approach with MPVI2.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsports-X View Post
    Latest and greatest? .i'm not sure what changed in the obd2 port that makes the interface of any significance. Looks like a pure money grab to me. That is a VERY significant cost increase for the first time buyer/hobbiest tuner. I just saved enough to buy what i neex and now...nope. i really hope that 249 pro option includes the expander hub. That pricing makes thier competitor look much more attractive than they did previously.
    Those are tools that makes money...you can always try something else...mentioned competitor for example. I won't cry...

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post

IF you plan on doing anything serious, you need the pro version. which is now much more expensive. especially considering that you have to buy the expander. I hope people dont turn theirs in and then get shafted with the requirement to buy something that cost $300 or more just to log widebands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Our base pricing had remained the same since our very first product shipped in 2004 (14 years). $299 + 2 credits is below our previous entry price of $499, also $299 + 4 credits = $499. Believe it or not we had a lot of feedback from customers complaining they had no use for 8 credits so they felt they were paying for something they would never use. Hence, the more modular pricing approach with MPVI2.
    That may be true, but I have to believe those folks are few in between. The bottom line is this. to get the same functionality of the Mpvi Pro, Im paying AT LEAST $300 more. And most likely will have to pay more to datalog the wideband.

Now I get it.. people have to raise prices, you made a new product you have to pay for tooling etc,. What I am concerned about, is how much the expander is going to cost me? If I buy a pro now, are you going to come out in 3 weeks and say an expander hub is $349? If so, that puts me at $1300 to get exactly what you were selling for 650. (including the 8 credits) Thats DOUBLE. and That seems a little heavy handed to me.

I didnt even know about the version 2 until I came to your site to buy the pro 1. Talk about disappointed. Now at a minumum I have to wait until you release full pricing. Im ready to buy and tune today,. not 2 months from now.
    Last edited by Motorsports-X; 06-18-2018 at 05:19 PM.

The way this reads to me... it almost sounds like the expander hub is included for the $249 pro upgrade. This is all I need clarification on.

PRO FEATURES
    Taking the first generation MPVI, to the next level, with our Pro Feature Set allowing you to log your vehicle without a laptop (vehicle dependent), Expandable Internal Memory to store your calibration and log files, Bluetooth? connectivity for your laptop or mobile device and proprietary Expander Hub ready for analog / digital / voltage sensor and device inputs.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsports-X View Post
    The way this reads to me... it almost sounds like the expander hub is included for the $249 pro upgrade. This is all I need clarification on.
    Expander hub is NOT included in the cost of the pro upgrade. Expander hub pricing is TBD
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

when will it be released?

Tuner in Training
    Let see here ...

Around the first of 2018, one could buy MPVI Pro and 8 credits for 649.99
    Today, (if it was available), the same package in MPVI2 would cost US$949.90 + Extender hub!

Wow ...

-Enjoy
    2010 5.7L M6 Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
    Let see here ...

Around the first of 2018, one could buy MPVI Pro and 8 credits for 649.99
    Today, (if it was available), the same package in MPVI2 would cost US$949.90 + Extender hub!

Wow ...

-Enjoy
    You seem like an angry person, most of your posts since joining our forum last month are negative. If you have so much bad to say about us in just one month, maybe you're in the wrong place?
    I count sheep in hex...

I just wanna know how much the hub is gonna be to know if this is worth it. Ive got a truck down waiting right now to find out.

Tuner
    This is how I've understood it: If you currently own the MPVI1 pro and upgrade to MPVI2 for the 190, you get the standard version. And then once the pro stuff is available that will kick in for free. The expander hub is not yet available for purchase but will be additional cost when it is.

I too have the MPVI1 pro, but will be waiting for the expander hub and release of MPVI2 pro (need my wideband). Minus whatever the expander hub cost you'll be about 840ish in to it. I feel your pain as a hobbiest, but what this software can do no one else compares.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1duffman View Post
    This is how I've understood it: If you currently own the MPVI1 pro and upgrade to MPVI2 for the 190, you get the standard version. And then once the pro stuff is available that will kick in for free. The expander hub is not yet available for purchase but will be additional cost when it is.
    Correct.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I think I am in the same boat, I was ready and willing to drop the $650 for the V1 came in here to do just that and now my only option is the V2 at $900+. But here is the kicker I can't even buy that so it does what I need it to do. I consider my build normal and basic, a simple 5.3, turbo, 4l80e and it needs to have a wideband. I am 1 guy not a shop. I am ready to do first start and initial tuning and there isn't a product for me to use. I think what is lost by hp tuners is that people have to save and plan for big expenses, and believe me $600-1000 is big then they change their pricing structure with little or no warning. I would have bought the old unit a few weeks ago but with the Repository all screwed up I saw little value in the program, now the V2 change.

So I guess I am sitting here with a car that is all together and nothing to tune it with which is about as useful as a 3500lb paperweight. SO I guess I start looking at EFI live, Mega/Microsquirt, hell we are getting into Holly range at this point so why not.

Turbo6Justin,

If you're tuning a 5.3 LS with a 4L80E, I *think* your license cost will be only 2 credits. If that's the case, you can get the MPVI2 for $299 + $99 worth of credits for about $400. If your setup requires 4 credits, then you're at about $500.

Can you help me understand where the $900 figure is coming from?

Thanks.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    $300 plus 4 credits $200. 2 credits for the truck ecm and potentially 2 more to try and get flex fuel working. I have read conflicting ideas on the flex fuel but I will give it a shot but that is a down the road thing. Then I need the Wideband, everyone needs a wideband, it is the single biggest tool we have compared to tuning 15-20 years ago when I started tinkering with this stuff. So for the wideband I need the pro version $250 then the input box which might be 10 bucks it might be 200 depends on the level of greed. So somewhere around $800 plus shipping, taxes, gratuity, tariffs, etc. The $950-1000 reference is to compare it to what we got with the V1 credits wise. Like most I think if this first ls project goes well there will be another one down the road, immediately I am thinking NA jeep project for myself. In that case the extra credits would be nice and not 'unnecessary' as indicated above. I realize I can buy them down the road but if that is 3-4 years from now who's saying I don't have to buy a v3 unit at that time. But I digress, as it stands today if I had a unlimited checking account I still couldn't buy a HP tuners whatever that will allow me to tune a turbo 5.3 with a wideband. And since I don't have an unlimited checkbook I can't buy what I need, presumably sometime in the near future but who knows really, for less than $800.

I am always a little confused when car related companies make big changes in the spring which bleeds into the summer. The summer car season is short and you don't have a product to offer.

I have another idea strictly from a business perspective, you should offer a wives or significant others tech line where those people can call and voice their opinion about the price structure. I would recommend putting 3 shifts on that particular line, it's going to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Turbo6Justin,

If you're tuning a 5.3 LS with a 4L80E, I *think* your license cost will be only 2 credits. If that's the case, you can get the MPVI2 for $299 + $99 worth of credits for about $400. If your setup requires 4 credits, then you're at about $500.

Can you help me understand where the $900 figure is coming from?

Thanks.

... really? You work there. I have a hard time beleiving you don't know about the 300-600 or more price increase. it will cost NO LESS than $950 to get LESS than what you got with v1. 8 credits mpvi2 +pro ... and then some "God knows what" price for the expander hub that may be $10 may be $500. .. ..who knows!? U guys won't tell us and each time ive asked ive gotten ignored. Its not that complicated. Is it gonna be a $40 or a couple hundred dollar deal.

I NEED all 8 credits that were offered before. That's why i came to buy this and not ur competitors. I could even tolerate a slightly higher price... but to come back to find a price that's 150-200% higher.. that's just insane. Circuit boards do not cost that much. And neither do injection molds and plastic housings. If your competitor is smart, they will match your licensing price and then u no longer have an advantage. Might want to think about that. Again. I need to buy something now. If i don't figure out the price soon, i'm going to be forced to buy elsewhere. And that means sending all future purchases over there too. Its your business. .i'm just pointing out what it looks like from the buyer.