Thread: 11-14 ecoboost f150 tow tunes

Advanced Tuner

11-14 ecoboost f150 tow tunes

anyone have any decent tow files to look at by any chance? trying to see whats done differently in a tow tune vs a regular tune. trying to see if my current tune in this f150 could be used to tow.

there is nothing secret or magical about a "tow tune" vs a "baja tune" vs a "normal tune" etc.

just use common sense, for example, what does towing entail? usually higher RPMs and shift points and more load so you will deal with more heat so leave Cat OverTemp and the other measures in place, don't try to get every last degree of spark lead out of it just leave spark logic and values stock, leave PE settings stock.

why wouldn't your current tune be used to tow? as long as you haven't disabled every safety measure in place and are running lean in PE on the brink of MBT and pumping hot air through the turbos because you want 20 psi then you will be fine.

honestly, I would probably recommend leaving it stock until you learn a little more, you post a lot of threads asking the exact same questions but no one can precisely answer your questions because no one really knows the exact conditions you will use the truck, you need to ask very specific questions and post a log and a tune so we can help you identify specifics. no one will be able to provide quality assistance with your threads, "How can I tell if I have a good towing tune?" is very ambiguous.

Advanced Tuner
    probably would help if I had posted a tune for someone to look at, truck drives good, I left all the stock spark tables stock and pe lambda stock as well as the cot. just raided some limiters a bit, bumped up the driver demand table a bit and in torque management I bumps up the whole table under max torque max gross 50 ft lbs. the lspi tables I only added .20 to the whole table.