Thread: 2016 Focus RS throttle closing help

Tuner

2016 Focus RS throttle closing help

Hello Guys
    Im running into some Throttle closing issues I see on the log that when it closes the TIP desire is lower than Actual and was reading this causes throttle closing issue the problem is that I can not get to lower the actual TIP to correct this problem any suggestions? mods on the car are PTE bolt on 65lbs/min turbo,meth injection,intercooler,turbo back system air intake system
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

There should be some channels available to help diagnose what limits your up against. Mine are labeled "Throttle Angle Source", "Driver Demand Limit Source", and "Torque Source".

I attached a log snipped from my stock explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost and a ton of channels logged so you can see those source bouncing all over the factory limiters.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Potential Tuner
    If you are hitting above what your desired tip pressure is set at then you will get throttle closure. you either need to back down your wastegate targets alittle so that your boost pressure rides under what your max tip pressure is set at or if you are only say 1-2 psi above your desired target then you can raise your desired max tip pressure just above what your actual tip pressure is showing.

Potential Tuner
    your actual torque is above requested torque as well as your torque max. The ecu is going to use the lowest torque target of the driver demand or torque limiting tables>torque to load>load to estimated MAP>Estimated MAP to Desired TIP as long as that TIP is below your TIP limits. Basically raise your torque max and torque targets and your TIP will follow.