Thread: new to tuning help with thumpr cams 3v

Tuner in Training

new to tuning help with thumpr cams 3v

hello new to the forum hopefully im posting in the right area

ive had a shop tuning my truck (2006 f150 lariat with 5.4 3v)
    the tune isnt quite right and im no longer getting any help as this company just sends email tunes and my truck has gotten a lot more complicated

issue one - as i come to a stop sometimes the truck will die out. only when coming to a stop though and if it doesnt die then it will keep idling just fine.
    issue two - jumping on the throttle most times the exhaust will pop and hesitate then jump into the power
    issue three - sometimes going from a coast to light throttle overdrive will kick off and the air/fuel will lean right out. (i drive with overdrive off in town) if this happens twice in a row ill get a pcm code (i forget the actual code)

here are the specs on my truck

comp stage two thumpr cams with comp phaser limiters (limits to 20 degrees)
    roush cold air intake
    pacesetter long tube headers with full 3 inch exhaust
    456 axle gear ratios
    hughes performance 2800-3000 stall billet torque converter
    all timing components are fairly new with a melling oil pump and new oem ford phasers

im hoping someone on here can steer me in the right direction on figuring out some of these issues
    ive attached a copy of the tune i pulled from the truck

Attachment 80845

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kwcrandall View Post
    hello new to the forum hopefully im posting in the right area

ive had a shop tuning my truck (2006 f150 lariat with 5.4 3v)
    the tune isnt quite right and im no longer getting any help as this company just sends email tunes and my truck has gotten a lot more complicated

issue one - as i come to a stop sometimes the truck will die out. only when coming to a stop though and if it doesnt die then it will keep idling just fine.
    issue two - jumping on the throttle most times the exhaust will pop and hesitate then jump into the power
    issue three - sometimes going from a coast to light throttle overdrive will kick off and the air/fuel will lean right out. (i drive with overdrive off in town) if this happens twice in a row ill get a pcm code (i forget the actual code)

here are the specs on my truck

comp stage two thumpr cams with comp phaser limiters (limits to 20 degrees)
    roush cold air intake
    pacesetter long tube headers with full 3 inch exhaust
    456 axle gear ratios
    hughes performance 2800-3000 stall billet torque converter
    all timing components are fairly new with a melling oil pump and new oem ford phasers

im hoping someone on here can steer me in the right direction on figuring out some of these issues
    ive attached a copy of the tune i pulled from the truck

Attachment 80845
    Every get this figured out? I'm battling some issues with those cams myself.

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't looked at the file but I'm willing to bet your dashpot tables need rescaled and adjusted.

Advanced Tuner
    have you tired to Change Gear Ratio 1, 2, 3 and 4 Error Thershold from 8 to 200, and also the throttle might be in the drivers demand table

DID you use comp cam phaser lockout?
    Last edited by mstang_man; 02-27-2019 at 05:15 PM.