Thread: EFI University or The Tuning School ( live seminar )

Potential Tuner

EFI University or The Tuning School ( live seminar )

Hi gents

I’m looking to be tuner and start my business.
    I look at EFI Unversity and The Tuning School. Both looks very good. I want to live seminar because English is not my first language

EFI University told me that their ACP and ATC would cost over $6000 for 6 days. They said that i need no extra courses after that plus I will be able to tune any ECU.

My main goal is to tune Cobb and hptuners for now then go what Motec, Halltech..etc

What about I go live seminar with EFI University and go online with The Tuning school?

Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Any one?

Hey man. I cant speak on EFI University as far as their live seminar goes but I have been to The Tuning Schools Seminar and it is great. Its a lot of information at first so I recommend doing the third day just to really absorb the info well. I have been through two of them and Bob/Brett/Mike are great guys who know a lot. I'm about 2 hours away from them so I have done their local in house seminars. Give them a call to see what their schedule is like for upcoming dates. Tell them Shawn from Daytona referred you and they will take care of you! Best of luck!

I will comment this on it. I have the tuning school books and not a single thing in them cant be found on here so not impressed with much of what they offer. I have followed links to efi university and very impressed off the free stuff I was able to read up on and thinking about joining the service. Its like here in the forums but a lot more people sharing real info and fixes for issues. Some explanations I read were un believable in the detail and knowledge on the subject which was gen 5 and how it uses torque tables for everything. My two cents on it.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    This may be an option for you.. https://www.hpacademy.com/

Tuner in Training
    I attended ACP class last month at the Arizona location. I did get some good information, and seat time on dyno. The instructor showed few slides and answer my questions about HP Tuners. But no hands on with them and that's the systems we use at the shop (HP Tuners, Cobb, and others). Got to practice on Motec & Halltech ( installed on Toyota yaris and scion). After the class I spent another week reading user manuals, watching tuning school videos. So my advise try the tuning school first. They seem to be gear for HP Tuners.

Tuner
    Go to college, seriously. We have enough tooners in this industry. What we need are calibration engineers that understand this shit at a high level. You are NOT getting high level knowledge or training from The Tuning School and you aren't getting your money's worth with Ben $trader.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06TrailblazerSS View Post
    I attended ACP class last month at the Arizona location. I did get some good information, and seat time on dyno. The instructor showed few slides and answer my questions about HP Tuners. But no hands on with them and that's the systems we use at the shop (HP Tuners, Cobb, and others). Got to practice on Motec & Halltech ( installed on Toyota yaris and scion). After the class I spent another week reading user manuals, watching tuning school videos. So my advise try the tuning school first. They seem to be gear for HP Tuners.

According them EFI University
    They claimed that I will be tune with any ecu after the course. If you able to tune Motec or halltech. Should HP tuners and Cobb should be easier to tune?

Hm, I can read user materials and watch thousands of tuning school videos but without decent practice it will be useless waste of time and money on university. Could you please tell more about the practical classes as part of education course.

You cant beat education and I cant speak for the classes , but I've been working on GM for GM for over 30 years , tuning in not something you just learn , go out and open your business and first time you do something wrong on the dyno and customers 30k engine fails . hope you have insurance ..Not trying to discourage . learn the trade get referrals they in turn will refer . thats as I see it

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahl View Post
    You cant beat education and I cant speak for the classes , but I've been working on GM for GM for over 30 years , tuning in not something you just learn , go out and open your business and first time you do something wrong on the dyno and customers 30k engine fails . hope you have insurance ..Not trying to discourage . learn the trade get referrals they in turn will refer . thats as I see it
    That is so right,
    i feel watching these online classes, is like watching instruciton videos, on how to drive a car-
    we cant learn unless we actually practice actively in real life