Thread: 06 Grand Cherokee scanner issues

07 Grand Cherokee scanner issues

Have on 07 SRT Grand Cherokee. The scanner is not working correctly. The knock sensors voltages are stuck. Knock retard is stuck at 1.5 and Injector data is not moving either. Ckd with snap on scanner Verus and it reads correctly. 4.06 scanner. Thanks!!
    Last edited by uarperformance; 06-20-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong year

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by uarperformance View Post
    Have on 06 SRT Grand Cherokee. The scanner is not working correctly. The knock sensors voltages are stuck. Knock retard is stuck at 1.5 and Injector data is not moving either. Ckd with snap on scanner Verus and it reads correctly. 4.06 scanner. Thanks!!
    Is it an 06, or an 07? Title says 06, scanner file and VIN indicate it's an 07. I wouldn't typically worry about a discrepancy like that, but if the PCM is from a different year Jeep than what year the Jeep itself is, then the PIDs will not be correct in the scanner.

An 06 Jeep uses an NGC3 CAN PCM, whereas an 07 Jeep uses an NGC4 PCM. So, if you have an 06 Jeep running an 07 PCM, the scanner reads the VIN and identifies the vehicle as being an 06, and looks up virtual addresses that are for the NGC3 PCM to pull data from. But if the PCM is from an 07, those virtual addresses don't match up to the intended data, and everything is null and void. I'm sure it works the same way if the Jeep is an 07 running an 06 PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    how is the snapon scanner able to retrieve the data and hpt cannot?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

It is an 07. Sorry my bad. I must have Hit the wrong # Well if you look at the knock sensor voltages they are always the same. On a scanner they are changing like normal. Injector pulse stays the same never changes on HP. Tried on Verus Pro A Verus edge and a Autel And it works correctly.

Stuck at half throttle after full throttle test

Bump to this post and scary ride. Back to messing with this 07 Grand Cherokee from Hell. Downloaded the latest beta and still the Scanner is still not working correctly. Made a wide open run on the street to see if the new Transmission was doing what we wanted it to. Let off the throttle and the vehicle kept ACCELERATING!!For 2 seconds it Closed the throttle to 43% immediately and then finally closed the throttle. At 43 % throttle it was still accelerating. Unfortunately The accelerator pedal pid voltage is not working Also injector pulse-width does read correctly. Knock retard does now read but knock sensor voltages do not. I was working with the transmission, thus why I was using HP tuners. The (D) guys logging for engine seems to work correctly. Not sure why it held at half throttle. Its at 12:57 into the log if someone would care to look and give input. Thanks!!

Just to add 2010 Charger SRT 8 Scanner not working correctly for it either. This sucks a little

Here quick data Log from 2010 SRT8 Charger. Same issues as Jeep above