Thread: VCM Editor write failed, and no another no start issue

Tuner in Training

VCM Editor write failed, and no another no start issue

I've been using HP tuners for years and rarely have issues with the software I never look on this forum buy after my recent encounters with waiting for HP tuners support to respond I thought maybe someone else might have experienced this issue. I've experienced problems more so lately with either "failed writes" or "VCM stopped working" and the program shut down? I've had multiple issues lately and it doesn't matter which VCM cable i'm using. It seems to happen with Copperhead or C-tricore ECU's. For example Saturday I had a gt350 that would flash the first changes, but the next write would fail during the write or the editor would simply stop working and close down in the middle of a write. Currently I have a 1791 that I made a change to the fueling table, went to write it and it failed 5 seconds into the write, and would not write at all and the car is down. I can't even ping the ECM up with my McS1, checked fuse, and battery voltage was at 12.2 according to my Mcs1. I've had write issues occasionally with Fords, but always managed to get past them.

I emailed support yesterday around noon, and they were quick with a reply back asking for the original file, the flashed revision file, a log, and debug which I provided shortly after the request, but after that not a peep support ticket #134403. My biggest concern is I have 3-4 coyotes coming in this week, but I'd rather not gamble or sweat bullets while waiting to see if it completes a write.

William

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You appear to be running net framework 4.6 which is old.

Update to net framework 4.6.1
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    So that would cause it it to basically brick the tricore PCM not having framework 4.6.1. Just seemed odd that I've only had issue with the two types of Ford PCM's.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Running older netframework versions is known to crash the software. I'm not saying its the end all fix all but its where you should start. Hopefully you will be able to recover those ecm's and move forward with just that.

Tuner in Training
    Bill the oddest thing is I updated the frameworks, and was just able to flash it car starts and runs now. Yesterday no matter what I did whether trying to communicate with an engineering tool to force a factory cal in or even trying with the IDS it simply would not talk to the ECM. It kept some of the electronics on even when the key was off so I had to disconnect the battery overnight. I just hooked up the battery and crossed my fingers and it pushed through with no issues. I have had minor hicuups but never to this level with a 1791. I'll need to close out my support ticket. I have my thoughts on how it went down but the important thing is it came back up. Thanks
    William

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Yeah just wait it willl happen again been fighting this issue even after updating only thing that works for me is let car sit delete all files and start over