Thread: 2007 5.4 triton f-150 vct disable question

Potential Tuner

Question 2007 5.4 triton f-150 vct disable question

Hello everyone, this is my first post but wow the information on here is incredible. I've been reading for a week and my brain is on overload right now.
    I just purchased the pro mpvi2 it will be here tomorrow.
    I'm going to be disabling the vct and any check engine lights that will be affected by it.
    Po011 po021 and possibly a few others.

(i have replaced the whole timing system with ford oem parts but as soon as i get up to temp my phasers go crazy. But if i disable the vct system it runs like a champ but the cel always occurs within the second start up)

any tips ahead of time you guys wish to share? As far a i can tell i don't even have to put in the cam phaser blockers if i simply disable the vct system.
    Any issues with emissions if i do this?

I'm not looking for power or anything currently just want to be able to pass emmissions test and get my truck back on the road.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.
    I'm brand new to tuning and i'm very much considering the online tutorial for $600.00 so i can learn more aggressively.

Tuner in Training
    Hey I'm new to this forum too and don't have too many answers about tuning just yet. But I would like to say that you should check your oil pressure! A lot of people replace all the timing components but never think to change or upgrade the oil pumps. When it gets to operational temp I'd be willing to bet you don't have the oil pressure for the phaser to work properly at idle which would cause them to go nuts like that.

Potential Tuner
    I HAVE 45-55 PSI At cold start and 20-26psi at hot idle. Oil pressure seems fine. I've done multiple cam phasers over the years and this is the first one I truly cannot figure out.

Tuner in Training
    i believe 20-26 at hot idle is too low for the vct system to run properly.
    ive done a lot of work with the 3v vct system as well but i always upgrade the oil pump to avoid issues like this. my melling pump m360 idles at 50 hot and i believe the dealership replaces pumps that idle any lower than 25 hot which is still even too low for the 3v engines
    however if all you want to do is lockout the phasers thats entirely up to you. it would definitely quiet them down.

if all you want to do is pass the etest to get back on the road you could always disable the codes with hptuners go do the emissions test and then deal with the pump later on..

Potential Tuner

Vct lockout mustang gt 2007

Hi guys.

can someone help me with the tune of a mustang gt 2007, I blocked the vct, but after that I felt the engine a bit lacking in power.

thank you.