Thread: VCM Suite 4 will not install

VCM Suite 4 will not install

I looked around the forum, and have not been able to find any threads related to my issue. I'm trying to install VCM Suite 4 (4.0.9.0) on my work computer, and I get an error stating "Installation directory must be on a local hard drive."... see image below.

My work computer is a Windows 7 64bit machine with 2 local drives containing several partitions. The C: drive is a SSD, which already has the latest version of VCM Suite 3 installed. I have never had this problem before, and every version of VCM Suite from V2 to V3 has installed successfully before. I tried downloading the installer again in case it was corrupted during the first download, but I still get the same error. I also tried installing on my other local drive, but I still get the same error. Oh yeah, also tried setting permissions on the installed to administrator, but that still gets me the same error.

VCM Suite 4 will not install.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Hello, not trying to threadjack but can't install as well and this is the only post I've found. Here's my errorhp.jpg Please help just got this and not starting off well.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by goatis68 View Post
    Hello, not trying to threadjack but can't install as well and this is the only post I've found. Here's my errorhp.jpg Please help just got this and not starting off well.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-3196ad3b8283
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I gave up with my work comp. for a little while, and just tried (and failed) again. Have you heard of my problem?

Thanx

Potential Tuner
    This will need to be done from an Administrator account not a general user. These instructions are for a W10 machine but may more on other Windows based machines.
    • To make things easier
    o Change the name of the file so there are no spaces. Use “_” instead.
    o Drop the downloaded .msi file right in your C:\ drive and accept the prompts.
    • Press the Windows Key
    • Type “powershell”
    • Right click the top “powershell” that shows up and select “Run as Administrator”
    • Type: “set-executionpolicy unrestricted”
    o Press “y” then <Enter> when prompted
    • Type: “c:\” then press <Enter>
    • Type: “ .\<name of the file.extension>” then press <Enter>
    o Example: “ .\VCM_Suite.msi “ then press <Enter>
    o This will allow you to install to the C:\ correctly without restrictions.
    Note: You should lock this back down when you are done installing. See below:
    To Lock Back down
    • In the PowerShell window Type “set-executionpolicy restricted” then press <Enter>
    o Press “y” then <Enter> when prompted
    • That’s it, you’re all done!!

Potential Tuner
    Why install 4.0.6?