Thread: Aim

Tuner in Training

Aim

Hey All,

I've searched the forums and google but can't see any reference to these particular Lambda controllers.

I have an AIM dash with a couple of LCU-One Lambda controllers connected over CAN. I was wondering if I could get this into the VCM Scanner for logging/visualizing lambda error when tuning.

It looks like I can setup a CAN output from the dash if it helps.

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated. Failing that a recommendation on reading Lambda on the dyno without having to remove the current sensors would be awesome.

Thank you

Tuner in Training
    Can you set up a 0-5v analogue out put from AIM..?

Tuner in Training
    Not on the MXG The LCU-One controller also doesn't have a 0-5V out (the CAN version). Turns out they had another version that has CAN+Analog. Had to end up buying that. The CAN isn't working (not sure why... email already out to their support). The transfer function was a little strange and I noticed theirs an error in the calculation spreadsheet everyone uses (assumes a 0V lower threshold for the offset). Still I managed to get it working eventually.

Also had to use a 100uF capacitor across the Analog input on the MPVI. Without it the reading was fluctuating and very noisy. Reading it with a DMM it was rock solid. Still not sure I understand that one.

Tuner in Training
    Also had to use a 100uF capacitor across the Analog input on the MPVI. Without it the reading was fluctuating and very noisy. Reading it with a DMM it was rock solid. Still not sure I understand that one.
    Because its not true analog out, PWM they call analog, HP tuner hates it, the 100uf capacitor is a low pass filter to smooth the ups and downs of PWM, still not very accurate, but a smart way to think about the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Interesting. Any idea what type of ADC they use internally? Is there any other way to fix? I was worried about any delay that it would introduce.

I was going to suggest a DAC and found the adafruit MCP. I then figured someone must have done it before. I tried searching the board for PWM but the built in search yielded no results. Google search however uncovered your post from last week! Love it! We can't be the first to go through this surely?

How's everything been going? Is your code on github or similar? Would be nice to track this.

Tuner in Training
    Thats what I did used arduino and a DAC, link to thread.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...band-aid-fixes

Tuner in Training
    Well I find it working a treat, I have been trying to sort this from the day I bought HP, everyone saying ground offset is the issue, as it has been a real pain with out true AFR with logs, even nearly went back to LogWorks, then found out the Maths is non functioning, for over 10 years now and no plans to fix it.
    I actually find that the converter is faster then the LM-2 screen and fills vcm scanner nice.

Tuner in Training
    Nice! I tested the analog out on a scope and saw the PWM. I also tried the DAC out and it?s impressive! I?ll get it hooked up ready for the dyno Friday. The capacitor worked but it will likely attenuate the signal and definitely delay changes

Tuner in Training
    Excellent, cant wait to here how it goes for you.

Tuner in Training
    I'll let you know tomorrow... hopefully. Assuming I can get the rest of the car back together first!

I did find that the Adafruit M0s have a dedicated DAC on A0. It's only 0-3.3V but you may be able to adjust the cal in HPTuners to allow for this. I'll try both tomorrow on different analog inputs and let you know... if all goes well