Thread: Programming a new PCM for a JK 6.1L Hemi Conversion

Tuner in Training

Programming a new PCM for a JK 6.1L Hemi Conversion

I have a 2007 Jeep with a 6.1L Hemi conversion that has a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee PCM in it. It has the original VIN for the 2007 JK programmed in the PCM. I am thinking of getting a PCM from Flagship 1 but they said they would load the PCM with a tune based upon a VIN number. I would like to have them load a stock 6.1L tune but the VIN presently in the PCM references a V6 3.8L engine. I am afraid that once I plug the new PCM into the Jeep it will activate the SKIM and prevent me from starting the engine if it does not have the V6 VIN. Does anyone have any experience in how I could get a 6.1L tune with the existing jeep VIN into the PCM. I have read the thread on PCM issues when a Diablosport tune had been loaded into it and had the PCM corrupted. I am afraid that has occurred to my PCM and (I went the Diablosport route before the HPTune route) and also afraid that the base tune I have from the PCM has a Diablosport corruption that is causing me Idling issues.

Advanced Tuner
    OST Dyno does offer this service. We can re-VIN any pre-2015 and load a calibration that will run your 6.1. We can also load a custom 6.1 tune if you desire for an extra fee.
    Please email [email protected] for additional details. I am not on here as often as I would like so email works best.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000