Thread: need help tuning

Potential Tuner

need help tuning

I need help navigating HP tuners. This is the first time i have ever used a tuner and i want to learn how to tune diesel engines. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on the tables and what to change and things like that.

Just start reading. First you need to have a thorough understanding of how the diesel engine works, and then a full understanding of the common rail injection method. Once you have a grasp on that you can should be able to look through the tune and find the tables for everything you need. Read stuff on here and on efilive forum and other diesel forums. That's how most of us started.

Tuner in Training
    If you’re going to learn to tune yourself, be prepared to be ok with burning up a motor and have the money to get over it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrvin View Post
    If you?re going to learn to tune yourself, be prepared to be ok with burning up a motor and have the money to get over it.
    Take Doms advice and should be no issue learning to tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrvin View Post
    If you’re going to learn to tune yourself, be prepared to be ok with burning up a motor and have the money to get over it.
    will take note of this. Im trying to learn to tune too

Banned
    Like Dom said, start reading. Plenty of information on multiple forums to find that covers many different ?basics? of tuning and sample tunes to be found. Start reading research articles on the effects of timing, pilot and post injection, rail pressure, how the ci works, how the common rail system works. Make one small change at a time as you are learning, if you made a change that wasn?t a good one, you?ll know what exactly what that change was. Don?t assume you are going to instantly blow your engine the moment you make a mistake.