Thread: 17 silverado 5.3. cam, headers, cai. pulled on by a stock truck.

Potential Tuner

17 silverado 5.3. cam, headers, cai. pulled on by a stock truck.

I'm about 750 bucks in for a tune that has a surging idle and lacks power. DTC's are p0011, p0016. Cam is tsp stage 3, 222/230, 112 separation, Comp cams VVT limiter installed. Long tube headers, no cats. CAI. Circle D 3200 stall. 340 whp after dyno tune. Ive rechecked the cam install, everything looks correct. It was dying occasionally after the initial tune, after the second tune the idle is so high the cam isn't really noticeable, I assume that was their correction for the stalling issue. I haven't attempted to modify anything yet.

street tune.hpt

after dyno tune.hpt

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Macs812; 06-23-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: separate links

That tune is pretty rough. Lot of stuff still stock, lot of stuff incorrectly done. It's no wonder it is not meeting your expectations. I would start over from scratch myself.
    Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss it further.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs812 View Post
    I'm about 750 bucks in for a tune that has a surging idle and lacks power. DTC's are p0011, p0016. Cam is tsp stage 3, 222/230, 112 separation, Comp cams VVT limiter installed. Long tube headers, no cats. CAI. Circle D 3200 stall. 340 whp after dyno tune. Ive rechecked the cam install, everything looks correct. It was dying occasionally after the initial tune, after the second tune the idle is so high the cam isn't really noticeable, I assume that was their correction for the stalling issue. I haven't attempted to modify anything yet.

street tune.hpt

after dyno tune.hpt

How did you fix it I have the same cam/ headers with a few other mods having similar issues thank you

Potential Tuner
    Like veee8 stated, there were multiple issues. Ive been researching and tuning for months. The first thing to tackle is the fueling. I follow that with eliminating any spark knock. I ended up with about 780 rpm idle and did a lot of trial and error, the predicted torque table is a good place to start. I really focused on the drivability and shifting before I worried about the stalling issues. If you opened my old tune that I posted, youll notice the base spark table is set at 14 throughout, which masked a lot of different problems, as well as creating some. Keep in mind, I paid for that, a lot of guys are claiming to be able to tune and really have no idea how to do anything more than bullshit a ve table for wot. Setting the scanner up to match your tuning tables is the key. Start there, fix the obvious, then start the trial and error process to figure out how changing one table effects the others.

Potential Tuner
    Would you mind posting your latest tune? I'd like to do a comparison to that second tune to see what you've changed? How do you like that cam? I have a 218/232 that I want to put in mine.