Thread: Base Idle Airflow - PCM never uses Park/Neutral numbers

Base Idle Airflow - PCM never uses Park/Neutral numbers

Having an issue with the car dying when putting it into gear, and also when I blip the throttle from a stand still.

I was idling in Park, and since the car was running good, I copied/pasted those numbers to the in gear row, and the car wouldn't even stay running - in gear or park/neutral.

In the scanner, when in Park - it shows I'm in 1st gear. Is this normal?

Chevelle 6-21-2018_8-58pm.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    this could be due to a wiring issue. if that tune you have didnt cause it to idle in gear then id say its a table switching issue which would be related to wiring.
    in the scanner you should look at 2 channels. trans current gear with should report 1 at park and then look at prndl status which should verify park position.
    prndl statu.JPG

i dont know how your tuning your idle but if you log desired idle airflow against temperature then pasting those numbers directly into the correct table conditions will give you a faster start on the raf. keep in mind the in gear load will be higher and require more airflow so the same numbers may stall out.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-24-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    I had something similar happen on a LS swapped Cutlass. SYSTEM>GENERAL>PRNDL EQUIPPED

The car had a dakota digital P/N switch on it. I posted a similar question and the person who replied said it's common with LS swapped vehicles.