Thread: Csrt transmission editing

Advanced Tuner

Csrt transmission editing

08 caliber srt

How much influence/dictation-impact does the transmission parameters have over the vehicle's performance & engine parameters?

I'd think it'd have minimal to none being a manual transmission, but torque based tuning could still heavily rely on transmission data.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to increase boost without impacting stability. Seems if boost is increased, it'll overshoot target psi, fluctuate down below target psi, then default to a 1/4 to the targeted psi. Very consistent with its inconsistency.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Senior Tuner
    All of that has to do with your duty cycle tables. Post up your tune

Advanced Tuner
    Will my file even help? It'd be pre v4 release.

Senior Tuner
    Yea nothing has changed, post it up.

Advanced Tuner
    Dodge SRT4 071418.hpt

See attached

Senior Tuner
    Alright I am digging deep into my brain to remember tuning my 04 srt4. Looks like the tuning Wiki is no longer being hosted.

But first off, you need to raise up your airflow tables a bit. Go to Engine Diag>Airflow>Peak Airflow WOT, also under Engine Diag>General>Airflow Max RPM and Airflow Max TPS. Raise those up.

For boost tuning, focus on Engine>Airflow>Turbocharger>WG DC (RPM). Usually I create a histogram in my scanner, log rpm pressure ratio and duty cycle and recreate this table. Once I find the DC in the log that corresponds to my boost level I want, I raise up every cell from that point to the right and below. I also set the min WG PWM Min to be about 15% under that value, essentially locking in your duty cycle to never go much below. If you start seeing you cannot hit your target boost at even 99% duty cycle, then you need to address your wastegate actuator, by adding a stiffer one or setting more preload (can use a stage 3).

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, I'll look into the tune and try a section at a time to see how it takes it.

Tuner in Training
    I first start by maxing out the torque limiters, 967 lb ft I believe. That way it's not limiting it. Disabling all the traction control, ect. If you keep them enabled it will limit airflow, and whatnot to keep the wheels from spinning

Tuner in Training
    Also, scale the wastegate table up smoothly to about 90-93 percent duty cycle at redline. Make it soft until 4 grand to keep cylinder pressure down. These engines are known to Crack sleeves. You can also raise the proportional gain slightly