Thread: Reverting back to a previous version?

Tuner in Training

Reverting back to a previous version?

I downloaded version 4 and had nothing but tuning problems. can i go back to version 3??? Any help would be great.

Sorry, but reverting back to previous versions is not supported.

If you have problems, we'd like to fix them. Please open up a support ticket so we can get you up and running asap!

You can submit a ticket here:
    https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I downloaded version 4 and had nothing but tuning problems. can i go back to version 3??? Any help would be great.
    Typically any tune or log files will not be able to be opened inan older version of the suite, and if you have a MPVI2 you would also not be able to downgrade. If you have older backups of your tunes and scans and are still using the MPVI1, you should be able to uninstall 4.0 and install any of the 3.X series without issue. (but note; you would not have support for the new MPVI2, or any of the new definitions or features of the 4.x series).

After the 2.X -> 3.X issues, I always save my suite installers in case I need to go back.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Potential Tuner
    Took my MVPI1 pro back to 3.6.26 today no problems and cut the internet off to it as a precaution..lol. 4.0 left all the tabs jumbled up, some with only one setting in them. What a mess. The likelihood of me tuning a $100,000+ 2017 and up car is pretty remote. And you will also find most if not all tuning school books or any tuning books at all are all based on ver 3 software. So no, I'm not re-buying books, AFR gauges and such just to upgrade to a product that isn't finished and has pretty much left us gen 4 guys picking up the pieces. Fact is the whole upgrade thing with the moderators and owners taking the "take it or leave it" stance has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. But hey, I'm just a customer.

VCM Suite 4.x is mostly the same as 3.x with the major addition of MPVI2 support.

If you have issues, we'd love to fix them for you, but we can't do that unless you open up a support ticket.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

That's why I still have 2.24 and 3.6 installed, I use another laptop for 4.0
    2.24 and 3.6 are the most stable and reliable versions I have used and will keep using them until hell freezes. The only problems I have had were with new releases so I will wait.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS