Thread: Track Not Detected

Tuner

Track Not Detected

I was AT mid Ohio sports car course recently, and the application didn't detect it, like it did before. I selected the Circuit mode, like you should at this place. Is there anything new in the current version of TA that will allow you to manually select a track? I had to revert to Raw Data for the session.

I was using the Dual 150 GPS receiver.

OH- I noticed the ADD NEW TRACK button that lets you manually pick a track. I thought it was for custom tracks. I'm still curious why TA didn't think I was at Mid Ohio, when I was parked in the paddock.

I like the new look and UI of 4.0.5a
    Last edited by guitarZ; 06-25-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Mid Ohio is in the database included in the app, so you maybe just didn't add it to your own list of tracks to select from... As before, TrackAddict gives you your own private list of tracks to select from, and you can easily import established tracks from our master database, modify the timing points if desired, or even add an entirely new custom track. The difference with version 4 is that we changed the look and labels, and we tried to clarify this by naming it "your tracks", but the functionality is otherwise the same (aside from now offering sector splits too).

When in Circuit mode, tap on the "Select Track" button and it will show you a list of your tracks to select from.

If your track/configuration is listed there, tap to select it, then exit back to the main screen.

If your track is not listed there, then tap on "Add New Track" and you'll be given a list of nearby tracks to select from (assuming your GPS signal is good). When you tap on the desired track, it will prompt you to use the default timing points, so answer yes to that, and then you should see the track appear in your tracks list and it will be selected. You can then exit back to the main screen.

Tuner
    Thanks; That's entirely correct. I just didn't make a practice session, like I did with earlier versions. I presumed the application would work like the older version.

The current version has a nice UI, and I like the GPS status bar at the bottom.