Thread: 2014 5.7 ram going rich WOT

Potential Tuner

2014 5.7 ram going rich WOT

Hey guys as most around here I am primarily a GM tuner. A friend of mine has a 5.7 ram and asked if i would give it a stab. After reading for hours and hours I got a pretty good handle on the basics and the pratio and aircharge. What Im having trouble with is thing thing going crazy rich on my wideband after I get into the pull pretty good. It starts out around 12.5-12.7 and pretty quickly goes into the 10s and even dabbles into the 9s. Truc feels better then it did stco but def driving me crazy. Attached is a copy of the file and a scan. Maybe im cmpletely missing something???
    Also dont judge how crappy my spark tables are. lol just started dabling with them and havent smoothed anything in yet.robbie 5 aircharge pratio .0095 added timing aircharge.hpt6-25-18 scan .0095.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 710Tuning View Post
    Hey guys as most around here I am primarily a GM tuner. A friend of mine has a 5.7 ram and asked if i would give it a stab. After reading for hours and hours I got a pretty good handle on the basics and the pratio and aircharge. What Im having trouble with is thing thing going crazy rich on my wideband after I get into the pull pretty good. It starts out around 12.5-12.7 and pretty quickly goes into the 10s and even dabbles into the 9s. Truc feels better then it did stco but def driving me crazy. Attached is a copy of the file and a scan. Maybe im cmpletely missing something???
    Also dont judge how crappy my spark tables are. lol just started dabling with them and havent smoothed anything in yet.robbie 5 aircharge pratio .0095 added timing aircharge.hpt6-25-18 scan .0095.hpl
    You may have noticed that your "Equivalence Ratio Commanded" is commanding a richer AFR as you progress through the pull. It's a pretty good chance that you're running into cat overtemp protection. I see you maxed out the threshold values, but you may need to also max out the "Max Delta" and "Min Temp Incr" values, and even go the extra mile and just zero out the "FA COT/EOT Enrich" and "FA Enrich Max" tables to ensure that even if something were to attempt to trigger COT or EOT, the max FA enrichment tables would be zero anyway, and thus wouldn't add fuel.

Potential Tuner
    I was kind of wondering that but with this being something i wasnt quite familiar with i didnt want to risk attmpting turnng that off and causing any damage. i will give that a try. Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    Did those changes work for you?

Potential Tuner
    Hes suppose to be coming over tonight for me to load the tune and give it a try. ill def report back

Potential Tuner
    So that did take care of my going rich problem! Got it to stay 12.3-12.5 for a couple runs. Ran into another problem where no matter what I tried it would take any of my timing updates and the longer I mess with this thing the less time I have to make money on the GM stuff. With that said, we emailed Jay Greene who is supposedly the man when it comes to these rams so he will be handling all my dodge tuning stuff from now on