Thread: Tips for my first D1 Procharged S550?

Tips for my first D1 Procharged S550?

Hey guys,

Buddy just got a D1 procharger kit for his S550 and I'd like to tackly trying to tune it. I've done a couple bolt on cars, my CJ a Whipple and TVS without a ton of fuss. Just looking for some direction as a starting point. My base tune resulted in an instant wrench light, and almost undrivable surging. So my torque tables aren't even close. I threw in the tables from my whipple tune just to see what it would do. Nothing, is the answer. I'll drop that tune below. But just looking for some general starting points.

D1
    FIC 1000cc
    Longtubes
    Stock Intake/TB
    Sai Li Return style kit at 50psi base pressure

Dalton Procharger Base Tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a datalog??

I'd check out torque monitoring > idle expected and your driver demand tables for a start.
    Spark base cold start max retard drive and park is too high.
    Check the injector settings.
    An instant wrench light means something failed a start up test.

I should have been more clear, it'll make it a short distance before it kills the TB and throws a wrench light. It's got to be due to the Torque Tables and IPC Errors, I'd assume.

Injector settings have been double checked with their data, so I know that's good.

25* on cold start has worked very well for me in the past to quiet down and still reliably start. I can lower it some, but the car starts and idles like a champ.

Tuner in Training
    What do you have your wheel torque error max set at? You may need to raise it to like 100k to get some usable data for your torque tables.

Advanced Tuner
    you should raise the base fuel pressure to the stock value

as stated when make all of your base changes kick up the max tq error fault threshold too til you get her dialed in

If its stock with just a blower no need in copying and pasting tables just simply rescale just the top of the tq and inverse tables for boost all else will be fine.

Then simply just dial her in.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Advanced Tuner
    How would one go about doing the torque tables like you just mentioned?ive been tuning s550 just bolt ons for about a year or so and I’ll be doing my first boosted car within a few weeks. Once the vmp blower arrives at the shop and we install it I’ll be tuning it. Just looking for some advise

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev1360 View Post
    Hey guys,

Buddy just got a D1 procharger kit for his S550 and I'd like to tackly trying to tune it. I've done a couple bolt on cars, my CJ a Whipple and TVS without a ton of fuss. Just looking for some direction as a starting point. My base tune resulted in an instant wrench light, and almost undrivable surging. So my torque tables aren't even close. I threw in the tables from my whipple tune just to see what it would do. Nothing, is the answer. I'll drop that tune below. But just looking for some general starting points.

D1
    FIC 1000cc
    Longtubes
    Stock Intake/TB
    Sai Li Return style kit at 50psi base pressure

Dalton Procharger Base Tune.hpt
    Post your stock file so I can compare it.