Thread: MAF Calibration in 4.0?

Tuner in Training

MAF Calibration in 4.0?

HPT newbie here, I'm trying to figure out how to get the ECM into open loop for MAF tuning. All of the tutorials point to a "Fuel > Open&Closed Loop" tab, but that does not exist in 4.0, at least not for an E38 ECM.

Help is appreciated!

The E38's are nothing like the older P01 and P59 controller if that is the tutorial you are trying to follow.

You must be in advanced view to see all tables. Edit > view > advanced.

To do open loop MAF only you have to do more than just one simple thing to enable open loop all the time.

Under Engine > fuel > open/closed loop you need to find the closed loop enable table. Change the coolant temp way high so it can't enter closed loop. In the same open/closed loop tab you have to disable the LTFT. As well as set the dynamic airflow settings under the airflow tab to have it run off the MAF past like 400rpm instead of blended between 0-4000rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hi 5FDP, thanks for your quick reply! That's the exact issue I'm having, the tab for open/closed loop does not exist in 4.0.xx. There is an "Open Loop / Base" tab but it does not have the parameters you list. Screenshot attached...

HPT.PNG

Tuner in Training
    I think I found it under the "Oxygen Sensors" tab.

Either you aren't in advanced view or that is not a E38 computer.

E38's have it in the open/closed loop tab.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 06-26-2018 at 08:34 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hi 5FDP,

I'm in Advanced and it is indeed an E38 PCM. 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, LS3. Are you using v4.0.xx?

E38.PNG

I switched over to my other computer and re-updated my 4.0. It's in the oxygen sensor tab now.

Basically any old tutorial is out of date on anything 4.0.

Tuner in Training
    Hi 5FDP, Thanks for checking that out, yes that?s the exact problem I am having, everything in 4.0 is different and none of the tutorials or other documentation seems to have been updated.

The table names will be similar but locations could all be different. Trying to navigate through some tutorials will be more of a hide and seek game now.