Thread: Weird looking VVE table

Potential Tuner

Weird looking VVE table

wacky VVE table.hptwacky VVE.jpg

Hi guys,

I have been tuning my VVE table on my 6.0l Silverado with cam, dod delete, long tubes, and full exhaust for about the past month on my way to and from work. I have the AEM OBDII WB and have the EQ error graph setup in the scanner. I have been using the copy and paste method for that graph to the VVE table and it has made the truck run 10 times better. The last run I did all the eq errors are very close I just wanted to get it pretty much perfect so I copied and pasted with multiply by half% then click coefficients and the graph just made a huge plateau. Is this normal? P.S. It will not let me upload my log.
    Last edited by mwood_vmax; 06-26-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    a few things id do is change the pe table to something like 12.5 (1.176) across the board to get a good starting base for wot fueling and get rid for the gas afr spark adder chart and adjust timing for wot off the main spark chart and to me the numbers seem pretty high for the ve ... 10,000% when the other cells around it are 2k ... you usually want the ve chart to be more of a smooth transition - whats the afr at wot? because it seems those of the cells you've tuned in the ve chart - i personally dont normally mess with the virtual ve/coefficients and just tune maf only ... when i tune for idle or cruising i just keep it in closed loop and tune off fuel trims LTFT +- 5% to get it in line and use the wideband for wot fueling adjustment
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-26-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the advice. Im kinda new to tuning but have read a ton on the forum and watched plenty of videos. My previous tuner tuned it MAF only and I did not like it compared to how it runs now. My truck is lifted on 35" tires so I need all the throttle response I can get and it just seemed like I was always towing something with the MAF tune. I am just trying different tuning methods to learn and am now contemplating SD only. With all of my previous changes to the vve table it looked like a normal table until this last attempt. I will try it with the updated PE and see what that does. Now that I look at the WB data it does show a little rich at WOT. As far as the timing will it hurt to just 0 that table out and see how it drives? The only reason I didn't change that before is I thought it added timing for the VVT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mwood_vmax; 06-26-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    lifted trucks definitely require a little different approach to move those fat feet around lol ... i only say for the pe just to get a good base safe afr and then adjust from there to what you want 13.0 or whatever but 12.5 is a nice safe n/a afr number and as long as what you have in your pe ratio chart and the wideband reads the same your golden - i just dont like pe ratios going up and down i like to set it flat then if you ever make a dyno trip you can adjust then to determine if lean to rich or flat line pe works best for your vehicle

nah all the other charts are just spark adder tables - on my car and others i just zero them out afr,ect after 104 degrees and iat but keep the subtractions for ect and iat and just have my main spark ho table do all the timing changes for part throttle and wot so i dont have any outside interference so to speak
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-26-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Yes they do, now that the VE is pretty much dialed in it feels almost like a stock truck down low, even though my cam is too big for my converter. I figured adding almost 10* of timing was a lot on an LS motor which like lower 20s at wot, from what I've read. Maybe that will help my 1-2* KR.

My main reason for this thread though is why is the VVE table going all crazy when I click the Calculate Coefficients button?

Advanced Tuner
    dont pay too much attention to what the coefficients are reporting for there values - i don't remember but im sure you can find a thread about it but from what i remember theres alot of factors the the ecu uses to populate the values which is why hptuners has the virtual ve to properly tune speed density ... as long are your trims and wot fueling are in line nevermind the Coefficients

what i do know is the numbers used 0-29 are the zone numbers (found in virtual ve - under ve mode - like fuel trim cells i think for reference) but again as to how the ecm figures the Coefficients lol
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-26-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Tuning Addict
    That's most likely something weird in the editor or something in the larger scaling area shifting it out - you can expand to the 200kpa range on the scaling to see if something is throwing it off... You should always dial in the VE or VVE for any tune if you want it to run and operate correctly... Don't know of the times I got them in and they wouldn't even start correctly because the VE hadn't been touched much less drive worth a flip...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC