Thread: 4l60e to t56

Tuner in Training

4l60e to t56

I swapped a t56 from a 2005 GTO into my 2000 silverado 6.0. Needing to fine tune it. From what i have read I need to disable some DTC's, probably up my idle desired airflow, disable PRND, change the transmission tab to manual, update teh VSS pule per mile from 40 to 17. Is this somewhat correct or does someone else have a better list of the items needed? I have also heard to swap in a fbody tune manual tune.

If you can find the same OS that is a manual, do the segment swap with that. A manual truck or manual camaro/firebird is likely to have the same OS so you can swap the transmission segment with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try and see how it runs. If I have problems at that point still I may upload my tune to get further opinions.

Tuner in Training
    I am also converting from 4l60e to a t56 but in a 2000 Camaro ss. 2 questions.
    1. My car has a tune because it is procharger. Can I download an m6 tune for trans and not affect my current engine tune?
    2. How do I find a tune for it?

I am very new to HPTuners and have only changed a few parameters on my car. The tune was done by a professional on a Dynojet .

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone reply?

Here's about all I can say. You could try to find a 2000 camaro M6 tune file and attempt the segment swap to see if that works. It won't change really anything on the engine side. There is no guarantee that this works.

Your other option gets kinda messy and will cost you money. I don't even know how to explain it without confusing the hell out of you.

In short you'd have to save your tune. Flash the computer with a GM tool to a factory 5.7/M6 file from a 2000 camaro. Then copy/paste your old tune into this new calibration.

Or find a spare computer from a 2000 5.7/M6 camaro, license it and then copy/paste your engine tune into this computer. You'd have to understand a lot of what your doing to not mess something up and to make sure things match. Like if your current procharged car has an upgraded operating system because of the boost you are running.

It's a could be a can of worms. Maybe someone here could personally help but it's nothing I can do as I live half way across the country.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.