Thread: A/C request 99' Tahoe w/04' 6.0

Tuner in Training

A/C request 99' Tahoe w/04' 6.0

Can someone help a newbi out? I have an 04' 6.0 w/PCM and underhood fuse block/ harness from a 2500HD in my 99'Tahoe. I have all gauges working, etc.. I am stumped on the A/C command. The 04' PCM was in a serial cycling data controlled truck w/3wire press sensor. The 99' Tahoe uses analog 12v command signal.. I used the 3 wire pressure sensor, grounded C2 pin 55 from PCM. I changed command in hpTuners to "analog", pinned 17 C2 and connected to 12v command wire, connected compressor clutch from 04' harness.. System is charged- no A/C.... Apparently though I can change request type for A/C in Editor, the PCM is not seeing it?? I have a stock file from an 05' Express 6.0... Is the a segment swap I need to perform? Will I use the 3 wire pressure sensor?? Any help would be awesome!

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever figure this out? I have a 1997 Tahoe and am using the engine and PCM from a 2005 Escalade with a Sanden style compressor mounted up top. I verified C2 pin 17 receives +12v, but the scanner never shows ac requested as "yes." The fans and compressor won't turn on and I would really like the idle and fan control since I swapped in the newer dual electric fans. The original setting for AC was "analog cycling" and I have tried using just "analog" as well. None seem to make a difference. C2 pin 55 is not currently grounded. I can try that, but don't think it will affect the ac request being negative.