Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VVE Table

Senior Tuner
    Refer to my reply #8. " Change the drop down box on the left to manifold switch to open."

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Refer to my reply #8. " Change the drop down box on the left to manifold switch to open."
    Will do when i get home. But i thought you were supposed to do it to both anyway?
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tried it on switch open, same thing. Must be some kind of garbage in there somewhere. Have no idea how it's getting -11,000 to 14,000 in the 3 columns. Going to try a re-scan tomorrow and see what happens. Just started raining..........
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

it does that sometimes, just smooth the error out and go again.

I just brought them closer to the surrounding cells and hit calculate. Looking at it in 3D it looks choppy as hell, but checking the original it does too. Looking at the diagnostics--->airfow tab and failing the MAF, it seems logical to me to get the P0101,P0106 and P0121 out of the way and disable Cat testing??
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Ok i must be doing something wrong but i cant figure out what i missed. If someone could take a look. I have my MAF failed according to what i have read here and have done it dozens of time on my E38 but I am not getting the code set or light. Did not realize this till after 2 scans. I'm guessing that is why when i make adjustments to my VVE table, nothing changes in the cells much but my trims are increasing. I'm sure it's something simple that i have missed. I did the first scan, copied and paste special----multiply by%-1/2 claculate both open and closed then save. Upload to the ECM then drive/scan and as you can see almost no difference.

There must also be a bug in the programming, every time i do a calculate, i get some outrageous numbers in a few cells.

What am i missing in the setup??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ghostnotes; 07-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
    Take a look at my graph. You need to set it up this way, but you also need to be monitoring the two things in your channel list that are used to calculate the Pressure Ratio. MAP and Baro in the channel list, and then the graph can be LTFT + STFT Math or your Wideband/Lambda. Some turn off LTFT and tune only using STFT but I have never tried it that way.
    Also, adjust your VVE scalar to only include the ratios you will see on your setup. NA setups dont go beyond 100KPA so the math ratio is pretty much 0.10-1.00 range in the column axis. You can adjust this by right clicking in the upper corner of the vve table, hover over "Column Axis, then over to Edit. A window will pop up and at the bottom is a drop down box. For an NA setup select .10-1.00 range. For boosted setups under 14psi, use the second option (up to 2.0) and for higher boost levels, select the third option. Now your VVE table will be optimized for the valid range of Pressure Ratios you will see.

Attachment 81259Attachment 81260Attachment 81261
    I am still new to tuning but I did my 2014 chevy ss using histgram for rpm and map set up the save way the VVE looks. I am trying to tune my friends 2017 Camaro SS and everything is so different to what i was learning on. I thought the vve was stating a math. On the scanner I added the marometric pressure to the list and then I made a new math paramer of MAP/barometric pressure. i figured the output of that parameter was the ratio it needed so this is very helpful, thank you! I knew it was a whole different thing to tune vve for his car just didnt know how to get it. Also the OP posted the MAF in the scanner with a lot more cells, i just have the one row that matches the maf on the tuner app.