Thread: CTS-V Lean to rich at launch

Potential Tuner

CTS-V Lean to rich at launch

Hey all,

I'm hoping for some insight because I am a bit green to tuning. I took my car to the drag strip and data logged some passes. I noticed that when I stab the throttle at launch I instantly go to 1.40 and then immediately drop down to .56 until it eventually cleans out to .75-.82. I know that the maf cal needs minor tweaking but what do I need to change to fix that lean-rich issue? I attached a picture of this log and a picture of the PE settings as some other threads talk about PE settings.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is desoot mode still enabled?

That can cause a lean spike upon PE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is desoot mode still enabled?

That can cause a lean spike upon PE.
    Desoot mode is disabled. Any other thoughts?

Advanced Tuner
    maybe try lowering the enrichment rate to 1 instead of 2 ... you might be over shooting your target pe ratio and then it has to correct
    do you actually have a wideband gauge installed in the vehicle to see if your actually getting that lean spike and its not just a logging anomaly
    could you post tune file and actual log so we can see the data

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    maybe try lowering the enrichment rate to 1 instead of 2 ... you might be over shooting your target pe ratio and then it has to correct
    do you actually have a wideband gauge installed in the vehicle to see if your actually getting that lean spike and its not just a logging anomaly
    could you post tune file and actual log so we can see the data
    The lean spike comes and goes in about .06 seconds so that to me isn't all that concerning. The going rich for half a second is what I don't like. And is that what is causing the KR? Also you can tell by the narrow band that the car is going rich.

The enrichment number from 2 to 1 might help to slow it down.

Advanced Tuner
    more than likely, yeah, .56(8.2 afr) could cause some knock for sure because of too much fuel. try the ramp in @ 1 and i dont know when you have pe activated but for boosted applications i set pe to come in around 90kpa to help with fuel enrich while entering boost and if your still shooting way low at first then you need to start adjusting your maf or ve tables - however you have your fueling set up - and lean out the numbers in the cells you hit when you enter pe until they get more in line with commanded afr
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-29-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Tuning Addict
    It's just too much transient - what's manifold volume set to? Have transients been changed?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    i forgot about trasient fueling being a cause also - sorry i over look that from time to given my car doesnt have that option and i have to engage pe sooner for me