Thread: mpvi2 can't read 02 LB7 Duramax

Tuner in Training

mpvi2 can't read 02 LB7 Duramax

As the tittle states i have been having issues connecting my mpvi2 to my 02 duramax ecm. I can connect just fine with the scanner and i'm able to send commands to the vhicle successfully. I can read the TCM just fine also. The error I'm getting is x35 invalid key and x36 exceeded number of attempts if i keep triying.

I have tried sereral methods i came across online like disconnecting the batteries overnight, checked my cig lighter fuse, pulled and disconnected all my stereo fuses i tried the slow read and also tried unchecking the tcm and reading just the ecm. same result. Also tried to to a vats relearn, it failed. I noticed that this is a well documented issue with the 01-04 duramax, but i havn't seen a solid answer on what the issue is. one peculiar thing that i noticed is that on my info log which is attached my vin number on the ecm report states (???? ` !@%?d D) while on the tcm report it shows the correct vin.

There are no other tunes that i'm aware of on this truck, but i'm not the first owner. it did had an edge juice with attitude (literally) but i ripped it out after it tried to killl me by shutting the truck off doing 80 with a 28ft boat on the back.

any help will be greatly appretiated. i havn't posted a ticket yet.
    attached is the info log with all the settings
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    This problem requires a bit more attention for us to solve. Please open a support ticket so we can further assist you. That can be done here: https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue with my 02, but the vin shown for the ecm matches the truck.