Thread: Part throttle downshift

Part throttle downshift

Is there a way to decrease are amount of Pedal required to make the car downshift in part throttle cruising? I feel like I have to push the pedal awful far to make the car respond. I've reset adaptive and such but it's always been like this even when stock

13 charger RT

Yes there is a way and when I figure it out I'll let you know. I was able to do it with the 545RFE in my Hemi WK (takes very little additional throttle pressure to force a downshift and the more you push the more it down shifts. I see the settings in the Transmission Section of the HP Editor, but just have to figure them out. I've already got the light throttle upshifts set the way I want them, the pressure settings are next and then I'll start on the light throttle downshifts. Only one thing at a time, as there is a lot of info. to digest with this tuner.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.